ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my red '04 Mazdaspeed Miata and Grinerizer brought me over from FCC. Future plans for her are intake/built in boost controller, oversized intercooler, butterfly brace, sway bars, and mid-pipe. Those are the immediate plans anyway, further in the future possibly upgrading the turbo and roll bars. Here's some pics of her...

·
Registered
100 Posts
you'll enjoy it here, and you'll see what an intelligent car forum is really like, and what I've been trying to do over "there".

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, it's completely stock as of right now. Stock turbo on the 1.8, 17" rims, bose sound system, 6-disk changer, LSD, all that fun stuff. I've never heard the expression donk-like lol, what does that mean? <- N00b ](*,)

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
The MSM has tons of potential. Looks like a really fun car. All it needs is some choice intake and exhaust parts to waken it up. That and about 1000 more rpm available on the dial. One day I'd like to pick one up to use as the foundation for a Roadster Coupe conversion with monoCRAFT mm1 front end.

Be sure to post pics of your car and a list of mods in the Garage section of the forum.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, that's part of what drew me to the car is the power potential. With just intake/boost controller(flyin' miata has an intake with an integrated boost controller), mid-pipe and test pipe people make 200whp on my car. With only 2400lbs and that much power that makes for quite a quick car. Plus the platform that makes a miata a miata is the suspension and potential for a fast go-cart car... hehehe

·
CR.net Supporter
185 Posts
Donk-like, haha \:D/ , Welcome to the forum, hope you love your car as much as I love mine!

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Welcome to the boards! Wish I had the money to pic up a MSM, but then again, I like modifying unmolested used vehicles for a great price :twisted:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Uhh... ok. Thanks for that contribution.

·
OG Member
583 Posts
Welcome! Finally somebody who lives near me!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool, I lived in Naples for 10 years, just moved here to Ft. Myers about 8 months ago. Do you have anything done to your miata? Nice choice of color ;) lol

·
OG Member
583 Posts
Cool, I lived in Naples for 10 years, just moved here to Ft. Myers about 8 months ago. Do you have anything done to your miata? Nice choice of color ;) lol
Yeah I've hooked it up a little. Check my garage here or my car domain link at the bottom of this post for mod info. Hopefully I'll have a turbo before long :twisted:

·
OG Member
583 Posts
how far are naples and Ft Myers from pensacola, Ft walton, destin area?
It's probably 8 or 9 hours depending which way you come. We're way down on the west coast of Florida.

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
The MSM has tons of potential. Looks like a really fun car. All it needs is some choice intake and exhaust parts to waken it up. That and about 1000 more rpm available on the dial.
OFT!

And woot for another MSMer! You'll definately have a lot of fun in that car, for sure, especially down there in warm FL. Just one thing though, LateralSpeed. I don't know if you know about this, but the MSM has a butterfly brace on the car as a stock part. You can just get some frame rail reinforcement or other supplemental stiffening mods and a rollbar if you think the car needs to be more stiff.

Enjoy your MSM! I know I have.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Ya I always thought the stock wheels were a little to big for the NB. Nice car though and welcome.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts