ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Formerly skiboyjake
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i'm not really showing off, but i just wanted to post some pictures. i've been a member of miata.net forums for a while, and was referred here by a member. basically, i'm sick of catching flack for my style!

anyhow, i recently put my 91 into a guide rail at 50 mph, and i'd like to show you folks my progress since then. i did the majority of work myself. i'll post a link to the build process (well, most of the process...) and a couple attachments.

enjoy! :mrgreen:

link to rebuild process: http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/skiboyjake/car/rebuild/

Attachments

·
CR.net Supporter
185 Posts
I liked it more after you hit the rail :lol:

Just kidding, looks like you did the work right, looks pretty sweet.

·
CR.net Supporter
3,190 Posts
GET SOME RIMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Body work looks good, don't forget to put in your location in your profile...

·
Formerly skiboyjake
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah yeah yeah, new wheels, i know! the question is, which ones? i'm on a budget, so i can't go all out. i'd like a deep dish style, but am not willing to do the sportmax 0 offset, and have to roll my fenders. any suggestions are appreciated.

i'm also planning on adding some more mesh. details later.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If it were my car, I would add black konig heliums for the wheels http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/60-1145.html Ive got a red NA with those wheels, and those TSIs (Without the body kit) and I think it looks pretty sweet, eventually Ill take some pics with the digital camera and post them here and probably M.net just to see what would happen.

·
Formerly skiboyjake
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so, here are some of the future plans for my car (now that i have a bit of time). i'm planning on adjusting the hood, and light housings so that i can fit the lexan covers on. i'd hate to have a stone come up and destroy a brand new hella set-up.

actually, the beam pattern of these lights is a touch high, so i'm considering some driving/fog lights. any suggestions?

i plan on removing the piss-poor mesh supplied with the kit and installing my own. i want black mesh, i think it looks cleaner and less tacky. i think i want to put the mesh insert fairly close to the front of the bumper cover, rather than tucked inside the mouth. i'm not sure. anybody with photoshop skills, could you mimic that for me? also, i plan on putting a mesh insert in the back. i think that's one of the dumber part of this kit, the fact that the back basically requires mesh to look even close to ok.

as soon as possible, i'm going to fab up a splitter (really a skid guard) for the front made from ABS plastic. should be easy enough to do.

i like the rota suggestion for the wheels. i especially like the 16x8, but how easy is it to get tires for that? the rota's look fairly light, but they're probably above my price-range in reality. i'll probably end up getting some enkeis off of ebay. does anybody know the lowest offset that will work with the miata?

off course, come summer i'll be removing that rack (don't need my skis in the summer, do i?) and the hard top.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't think installing a mesh is a good idea, it might look TOO RICEY on a miata. You should save up for a intercoolor instead XDDDD

·
Formerly skiboyjake
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i've no reason for an intercooler. it won't really do much since i don't have any form of FI! the reason why i want black mesh is to avoid the rice look, but still hide all the crap that you can see through the mouth.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts