ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello my name is Ben and I am a proud owner of a NO RUST! 1991 Classic Red Miata that I bought about 2 months ago with large intentions. Car was in great shape and only had 65k miles and its completely stock. I recently just bought a blown 1.8 motor for almost nothing and I was going to plan on building but the cost too hp was just not worth it to me. After that I looked into doing an LS1 swap but its just not in my budget.

Luckily I hang out with a bunch of friends who are very good at fabricating and they also are huge Nissan fans especially the SR20DE which would be an awesome NA build as you can get a ton of power without even slapping on a turbo. Ive seen a few members on the forum that have had success with this build but it requires some fabrication and it seems to fit in the miata quite well but I pretty much no what I am in for and its not going to be "easy" by any means. This is going to take time like any major fabricating build would. Even though this will not be a "cheap build" but it will be a little cheaper than the LS1 build and I will not have to pay for Fab work.

Once I get the ball rolling on this I will start a build thread but as of right now I am in the hunt for a SR20DE. Hopefully you guys wont bash on me for wanting to do a sr20 swap because Ive seen a lot of "whats the point" on other sites but they obviously have never sat in a 400HP sr20det powered Nissan before and I am the type of guy that likes to be different so to speak.

Here is a few pics of the car as it sits now:

Looking forward to meeting you all :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Ben, welcome! Had a 93 SE-R for awhile that was going to be a track toy so I "get" your engine swap choice. Def do a build page and keep us updated!

Chris
Nice I love the early 90's Se-r's, badass car. I am going to meet a few people this weekend to look at the miata and see how we are going to tackle this. Luckily a few people have done this and it gave me some great starting points. I will be sure to start a build thread when it kicks off. Thanks for the welcoming

1 - 4 of 4 Posts