ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

finally decided to stop lurking and sign up. my pops has a NB whih i have been DIYing the crap out of it and i'm finally getting an NA.

anyway, i wanted help finding the $50 dollar paint job thread, i did the search but to no avail.

I guess ill post pics of the pops car..stock except for the 15x8 +40 6UL wheels and modded headlights and babyteeth delete

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
nice NB

anyways, that $50 paint thread was posted here as a link to other sites, which linked to a mopar site which had the full write up.

here's the link

you really really want to read the entire thread, because there's a lot of little information that the guy includes, as well as others who chime in who have done it. it's a long ass thread, but definitely worth it if you're planning on painting a car and expecting it to look real nice.

oh and BTW, the guy refers to the paint as tremclad, which is what it's called in Canadia's Domestic Market. it's just rustoleum protective enamel, and I got mine at home depot. about $8 for a quart. to give you an idea of how much you're going to need, I used about a half of a 1 qt. can to paint my trunk, and that was with ~6 coats. remember to use mineral spirits to thin the paint to an almost watery consistency, and wet sand after every 2 coats. the guy on the forum suggested 1000 grit, but I didn't think that was enough, so I used 1500. clear coat, then wet sand one last time, and then buff/polish it out, and you'll be set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts