ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i just got my miata a few weeks ago and so far i have replaced the brakes, moved the front license plate, and changed the oil. it still needs paint and a few things but its solid and i love it.

[/img]

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
It already has the "Urban Camo" look. No paint necessary. Slap some I <3 drifting stickers on it and some 15x8 Work Equips and you're done.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
That must be a 90 or 91 Miata, i had one with the same paint problem, that was a big booboo from Mazda with that crystal white paint, i think everyone in North America with the crystal white had that problem, i remember hitting mine at the car wash using a high pressure sprayer on it and ............. woooooooooosh!! all the paint starts flying off the hood like it was scared of the water!! :shock: I was like WTF?!? haahaaha

Never repainted that car, just beat the piss outta it at the autocross until the crank bent, another 90-91 problem, then i sold it to a SpecMiata guy for $2000, by then it needed a major overhaul. :twisted:

Anyhow, welcome to the group, lots cool people here to help you with your project car!! BTW how many miles you got on her? Keep an eye on that motor to make sure she aint wobbling, that is your 1st clue that the crank it about to go, then once you loose your oil pressure, she is gone......... :oops: trust me i know. :oops:

PhatMiata :mrgreen:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a 91, i heard about the short crank problem before i bought it so i checked it out. It is in the VIN range after the problem was fixed so it has a long nose crank. It has 130k on it right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts