ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just got my first miata it is a 1999 nb, red with 68,000 original miles. i have a few questions if i could get some help i would greatly appreciate it. First off the oem top has two larges holes in it, i plan on replacing it, but i am not sure what brand, or where i should order the top. Also should i go with a canvas top or a vinyl top? I am doing a whole bunch of research and I believe I can do it myself, does that sound like a bad idea? I would really like to get a hard top but i feel like that is going to be hard to find? any and all help would be amazing. i am sure there is already info on this you can even send me there, i am just stessed and overwhelmed with this. Thank you!!! and i am super excited to own this car it runs amazing!

·
Registered
716 Posts
First of all, welcome! Second, post some pics of your car, seems like good mileage on the engine there. I know someone made a detailed write up of how to change an eBay soft top. Look into the exterior section and search eBay soft top. Good luck!
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Vendor
7,491 Posts
That's a low-mileage one, well done sir! Hardtops can be a bit tricky to find, keep your eye open here and Craigslist in your area too. Moss carries the Robbins brand of softtops, they are a great business we've worked with for decades. They only make convertible top replacements and we've worked extensively with them to make their Miata tops what we consider the best in the business. If you have any questions I'd love to help you find a Robbins top, and yes you can install it - having a buddy to help and a weekend under a roof helps a lot for a first-timer.

Welcome to CR!

·
Super Moderator
6,413 Posts
I bought Robbins my soft top from Moss and would definitely recommend that. You'll probably want the glass window in whichever color you want. I replaced mine by myself, it took about 9 hours (cleaning up rust took about 4 hours). Fairly easy, but you will want to make sure you stretch it out as straight as you can or it might be a little wavy.

:ttiwwp:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts