ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm orginally from East TN and moved to Kentucky in 2000. I have been looking for a couple of years for a first gen miata. I had an accident back in December and totaled my SUV. Both my hubby and I tried to find another SUV or a truck. We had no luck, then my hubby found a 1990 red miata with a hard top. We stopped looking a couple of months before my accident. We found one right away. We test drove so many NA's and all them were junk. I have a 1990 red with hard top and she's an automatic. We wanted a manual, but no luck. We got her from a private seller who had all the maintance on the car. She has around 150,000 when we got her for $2000.00 and we're the third owner. She's dependable and a lot if fun to drive. I can't wait to mod her. :)

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
Welcome to CR.net! Aren't these cars amazing? I can't believe my '90 has 186,000 miles on it. In 2010 we took it to Laguna Seca for the Miata event there and I drove it to work on Monday. All I need to do is add a quart of oil maybe 3 times a year, otherwise zero issues and runs like a champ. AND gets 30 mpg on the freeway!

Show us some pics of yours, and let us know what mods you do!

Welcome,
Chris

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do, when I get home I'll post pics. I can only do so much on my IPhone. My pics are on my laptop. I know Lil' Red needs a new paint job. The hard top makes the car look so different, but I enjoy the days when it's nice and sunny with the top down. It's been raining on and off the last couple of weeks. :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
If you're in Louisville, why are you not watching Murray State play! Haha.

Welcome to CR! I look forward to seeing the Miater!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, will do. I'm hoping to see a miata club get started in Louisville and Southern Indiana. I'm already a member of MWMC and there has been a slow increase in miata owners. It's hard to talk about your car when everyone else has either a rotary, mazda3, mazda6, 626 and very few miata owners. My hubby has a RX8 and I wanted a miata for a long time before he joined first.

·
Registered
400 Posts
If you wanna send that car club out towards Western Kentucky, I'll help ;P

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
I'm 2 hours from Louisville.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm 2 hours from Louisville.
Believe it or not, the MWMC has members as far as Lexington, Georgetown, Bowling Green and Owensboro, KY. Usually the club coordinator would do a couple of events throughout the year on the weekends so everyone can get together and talk about our cars. There's a baroque festival in Owensboro in May and other events. The last event was the Casper car show last month. My point is I like to see a club start up for miata owners.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I thought there was a Miata club in either Louisville or southern Indiana.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts