ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Names Josiah, been into cars for quite sometime. Mainly been in the Mitsubishi scene with most of the cars I have owned. Well sold my Galant VR-4 a while back and have had an itch to get back into the car scene again. Decided that it was time to move away from the AWD/turbo platform that I've become so used too. I'm used to seeing Miatas at every autox/track event I go too.

Being undecided about what car I wanted to look into next I called a former roommate and asked for his opinion. He was into the awd/turbo scene as well with his Subaru. Well after being fed up with the failures he encountered. He parted his car and sold it. He ran across a NA Miata after moving back to Indiana that had a Jackson Racing supercharger kit. Ended up returning it to stock as the engine was blown.

Well his suggestion was of course.

"Dude, get a Miata! They are fun cars, can be had for a decent price, and are pretty reliable compared to what we're used too. We both know they have a huge aftermarket available and are not nearly as expensive to keep up or modify."

I considered this a valid point as I was not in the mood to get a car that was broken more than it was running. I also wanted something I could drive to work and than go to the track with it on the weekend. About the only downfall with a Miata is space. Well I've got a minivan so thats not a problem at all.

So now I'm on the hunt for my next "toy".The only thing holding me from buying one right at the moment is of course money. But that won't be an issue as I'm waiting for about 8 months of backpay from the VA. So while I wait; I'm going to read as much as I can and educate myself on these cars and hopefully add any useful information I can to this community.

Just for shits and giggles heres a run down of some of my past vehicles.

92' Eagle Talon TSI awd (not so slow when running)

95' Eclipse GS (saved from rice)

05' Evo MR

92' Galant VR-4 (rehab)

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Welcome, in just random Craigslist searches over the past couple of years, it seems there is always 1 or 2 for sale around your area in pretty decent condition and price. Good luck in your search and wait for the right one since there are so many. Also, here are some great faq's about what to look for etc. http://www.miata.net/garage/garagebuying.html

Hopefully you pick one up before June. I plan on being at the AutoX at VT.

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
Josiah - welcome. Glad you're out of the Mitsush!tty, esp the Galant VR4. My good friend had one and it was just problems all the time. The Miata is loads of ridiculous fun, easy to work on, and parts are pretty cheap.

Keep us posted when you get one! Welcome to CR. BTW Moss has a warehouse in Petersburg, VA. :cool:

Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
not to hijack, but I am also fairly new, and from VA.

this is much better than that "other" site.

I have an 08 nc but it's not practical to mod it the way I want to, so I'm scooping an old NA soon and going nuts with it :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome, in just random Craigslist searches over the past couple of years, it seems there is always 1 or 2 for sale around your area in pretty decent condition and price. Good luck in your search and wait for the right one since there are so many. Also, here are some great faq's about what to look for etc. http://www.miata.net/garage/garagebuying.html

Hopefully you pick one up before June. I plan on being at the AutoX at VT.
Yeah i've got my eye on a few. I'm hoping to have one here within the next month or so. I plan on attending as many autox events and going to VIR at least once this year.

Josiah - welcome. Glad you're out of the Mitsush!tty, esp the Galant VR4. My good friend had one and it was just problems all the time. The Miata is loads of ridiculous fun, easy to work on, and parts are pretty cheap.

Keep us posted when you get one! Welcome to CR. BTW Moss has a warehouse in Petersburg, VA. :cool:

Chris

Thanks I'm excited to try something new. My Galant was a project that I knew was going to have issues but it ran fine for what it did have.

Thats good to know considering I've already been looking at ordering stuff from you guys. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts