ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard about these yellow "Euro style" headlight bulbs? Apparently they are the latest thing in Japan? My friend gave me a set of bulbs... I will get some pictures later... they seem pretty yellow :| I dont know how well they will work at night.

Oh god Im turning into a headlight whore :lol: I have like 6 sets now

·
3,857 Posts
I remember I was looking for HID light and you know most of the people have 8K temprature lights...up to 12K for very blueish light.
At the same page the had a set that was 3K (I think) and it was saying for yellow JDM style!!!

Up to that point I didn't know that the JDM look includes yellow lights!

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
yellow actually helps in fog/rainy conditions, cause regular lights would reflect back in to your eyes, while the yellow wouldn't? something like that, but yellow headlights are somewhat illegal, in california that is, thats why i run yellow fogs, and still have my headlights standard

·
4,436 Posts

Attachments

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
I noticed after I changed my headlights into yellow, I've noticed several others have followed suit (a few VW's and 1 Honda that I've seen before w/ bluish headlights previous to their yellow/purple bulbs) So much for being an individual in my area :roll:

Amazingly, I can see the road better w/ Yellow bulbs and have passed and been passed by cops w/ no problems or fix-it tickets whatsoever. :mrgreen:

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
I've been running yellow headlights for a while now, courtesy of lamin-x.
Good thing someone bumped this thread up because Ive been meaning to ask, how well does the lamin-x work as far as making your headlights look yellow at night?

I have lamin-x'ed signals up front, and over the weekend finally installed some clear bulbs in place of the orange bulbs. At best, the lighting looks off white, not so much yellow. I think some yellow signal bulbs may be in order...

On another note, I came across some cheap APC rectangular yellow foglights this weekend too... not top notch stuff, but the lenses are glass and its the exact look I was trying to find so... :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts