ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Supporting Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just received the Nielex hazard switch and am having a little trouble installing it correctly. I can't seem to get it centered on the tombstone nor have it sit stable enough so that when you flip the switches it stays in place.

Am I supposed to gut out the old OEM hazard switch and place it inside of it? Please help! Thanks!

-Will

·
Addicted Member
293 Posts
The OEM hazard/light switch should be removed and replaced with your Nielex switch kit.
Remove the locking rings, stick the switch through the back and then place the plates on top and screw the locking rings back on.

Your finished setup should look like this:

·
Supporting Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks PharoX! I was recently informed that the shape of the 96 tombstone is a little curvier than the 89-95, which causes the fitment to be a little off and resulting in a slightly trickier as well as less than perfect fitment. =/ Woe is me.

·
Addicted Member
293 Posts
Thanks PharoX! I was recently informed that the shape of the 96 tombstone is a little curvier than the 89-95, which causes the fitment to be a little off and resulting in a slightly trickier as well as less than perfect fitment. =/ Woe is me.
Yep, 1.8 94+ tombstone are curvy and the flat plate will not sit flush with it. Sorry...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.