ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some browsing, and forgive me if I missed it, but is there a stock-style rear bumper for the NA that doesn't have exhaust cut out "holes" on it? I think you know what I am trying to say, right? I've seen them in pictures, but I have no idea if it was custom or a ready made product. Any info is appreciated.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
there was a company that Russ Silber had down in the Everglades, FL that had side pipes and the rear exit was closed. Kinda like the old StingRays used to have.

PhatMiata

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the leads.. I need a rear bumper and I am either going side exit exhaust or a custom HKS carbonti like I had on my Protege. I'll do some snooping, I'll post links in this thread if I find anything worth linking.

·
Registered
79 Posts
As far as I know, the only company that will make you a rear bumper for an NA/NB without any holes is Jubiride. You can buy it at adrenalineracing.com for $600 :?

Here you go

Whenever I get a little bit more disposable income, I'm going to buy one so I can do my custom center exit exahust (ditched the idea of the Jubiride center exit due to cost)

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As far as I know, the only company that will make you a rear bumper for an NA/NB without any holes is Jubiride. You can buy it at adrenalineracing.com for $600 :?

Here you go

Whenever I get a little bit more disposable income, I'm going to buy one so I can do my custom center exit exahust (ditched the idea of the Jubiride center exit due to cost)
That's about what I was looking for, now I have to decide if it's worth buying a new bumper or buying a used OEM bumper and plugging it with bondo.. Hmm.. :-k

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
there is a local Junkyard in Land 'o' Lakes that has like 20+ junked Miatas, he likes to haggle too.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
My Simpson design flush bumper came without any exhaust cutout, though I hear that his later bumpers came with the cutouts already there.

Seems to me that he could provide you one without a cutout.

·
Registered
79 Posts
How did I forget the Simpson Design one...Glad you reminded me, you just saved me $250 whenever I get the money to modify my exhaust :mrgreen:

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there is a local Junkyard in Land 'o' Lakes that has like 20+ junked Miatas, he likes to haggle too.
Good tip. I need some junkyard **** for my Miata to get it running again. Anyone want to give me an AFM? :(

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Check with the local Orlando club, im sure they have some spare parts laying around collecting dust.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Check with the local Orlando club, im sure they have some spare parts laying around collecting dust.
Can you get in touch with me on AIM on who I could ask and see if there's any junk I can buy? My car's in pretty crummy shape and I could use a lot of "this and that" to make it road worthy.

AIM = xpluto316x

That's for the tips, dude. <3 <3 <3

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Hey Rich, do you know of ANY junkyards in NC that even have Miatas???

The only thing I can think of for used parts is Sports & Compacts by the NC state fairgrounds (where I bought my car) since they do a lot of spec Miata stuff....

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts

Here you go

That's about what I was looking for, now I have to decide if it's worth buying a new bumper or buying a used OEM bumper and plugging it with bondo.. Hmm.. :-k
will BANDO work?

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Here you go

will BANDO work?
That reminds me of an inside joke I know, have you been stalking me? :shock:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts