ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
oh, that's right...forgot you're in Riverside County

side note: I wish they'd fick-it-ticket all those damn lifted trucks there. They'd be broke in months!

·
Registered
167 Posts
i had gotten one before some years ago when I had an NA. To get the fix-it ticket done. All I did was attach the plate to my bumper using masking and double sided tape, cop checked it out, wrote the ticket off, I paid the ticket and pulled the plate off again before leaving the lot. miatas shouldnt have front license plates. it just doesnt seem right.

·
Registered
252 Posts
A friend of mine got a ticket on state beach by a park ranger. $140. not correctable. ouch!
Buy his bracket. Its sturdy as hell and doesn't compromise air flow to the radiator nor does it cheese grater ur front bumper.

Thanks Garage Star :)

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think the evilface is because of where he got it. There is a toll booth and the chp just sit there and hand out bs tickets that are easy money for the state and low risk for the officer instead of out patrolling. It comes across as a money generator instead of law enforcement.

In the same area I had a coworker the received two tickets on separate occasions. One was for the month sticker on his truck being faded, not missing, not unreadable, faded. The second ticket was for one of his front amber lights being less bright than the other. We were all scratching our heads trying to see a difference the next day when he told us. Just to paint the picture, this guy was clean cut late 40's but driving a mid 70's Datsun.

Sate is broke, even if you are legit they need to tax you somehow.:twisted:

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
i'm confused at the evil smiley.. you broke the law. you gotta pay the price. i run plates on all my cars.. VA is like $100, no "fix it" option..
Mine in OH was $110. I don't run front plates... and the only reason I got that ticket was because I pleaded with him to not give my the 55 in a 35 zone ticket (in the 2). Everyone always asks if I get pulled over... I don't for some reason.. everyone else does lol! :p

·
Registered
945 Posts
Carry a broken plate bracket in the trunk with the plate hanging off it. Tell them you need to fix it and youre aware of the problem. If they still give you a ticket, ask if they have anything else better to do. That'll stick with them from then on.

Douchebags

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
you broke the law. you gotta pay the price.
Not complaining about the ticket. You're right I am a law breaker and I will pay the fine. What pisses me off is I have never met a cop that does not break the law. If I was one of the boy's I would have got a whats up followed by a fist bump and I would have been on my way. They feel like they are entitled to do what they want. Like that asshole wasn't speeding home, talking on the phone with his wife. I'm sure they all have front plates too. Cops are dicks.

Has this ever been the case for anyone here. Doubtful.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Power hungry people. Never drive in irvine without a front plate. they pull you over for anything.
i got pulled over for jay walking -_-

·
Registered
747 Posts
Has this ever been the case for anyone here. Doubtful.
Actually yes, I broke down in CT about a month ago on a narrow shoulder. Cop stayed with me to make sure I didn't get hit. Not all cops are dicks and not running a front plate is stupid. Get a Garagestar bracket. It costs less than a ticket anyway.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts