ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put the 1.8 upgrade on yester day. love them but the only thing is there is no more ebrake. it just comes all the way up with no bite. any ideas??

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
yea its in the ebrake handle. take the plastic cover off and look down it when its not pulled up. if you can't get enough adjustment that way you gunna have to mess with the cables in the rear attached to the calipers. once you look at it you can figure it all out.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
before you go messing with the cable you should try adjusting the rear calipers. Remove the bolt that covers the allen screw that you use to adjust the piston. When I did my breaks about a month ago I found that at first I left it too loose and the ebrake wouldn't engage. I had to adjust the piston to the point where I could no longer turn the rotor with one hand and then I backed off slightly (like a 1/3 of a turn of that allen screw). At first I had adjusted the piston only to the point where the pad just touched the rotor. Guess what, I put the car back down and tightened the lug nuts only to have the car roll forward with the ebrake on. The second attempt adjusting to the point of not being able to move the rotor and then backing off did the trick. I didn't have to touch the e-brake cable. Good luck

·
CR.net Supporter
575 Posts
i found mine at flyin miata for the brakets. they were awesome on the price and the tech questions i had. you reuse the 1.6 calipers just get 1.8 rotors and pads

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just make sure that the e-brake is disengaged when you adjust the rear brakes. I did pads on mine recently, and I forgot that the e-brake was on when I adjusted them. It caused the e-brake to drag, even when it was fully disengaged. Easy fix.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got my kit from planet miata, cheep but i wasent to stoked with the service. wen i got the box it was filthy and all riped up. surprised some of the stuff didnt fallout. also they only gave me front brake hard wear but not the rear

1 - 9 of 9 Posts