ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as it says i am getting nothing from my climate control or wipers:cry2:

they were working ,then they wouldnt ,then they would..now they both never work???

please help had te hardest drive home with no defroster :fp: 35mph the whole way(literaly)

·
Registered
95 Posts
as it says i am getting nothing from my climate control or wipers:cry2:

they were working ,then they wouldnt ,then they would..now they both never work???

please help had te hardest drive home with no defroster :fp: 35mph the whole way(literaly)
check the fuses. . . just saying

·
Registered
104 Posts
Might be your ignition switch. Here in Canada our DRL's will work, not work, work, etc before the switch just craps out completely. For a US car that won't apply obviously, but the wipers doing the same thing could indicate the same problem.

·
d[-_-]b 56-783
1,448 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
It could be the ignition switch as phuqer says. In mine I have to wiggle it[the key when the car is on] until the airbag light comes on for a second. Messes with the heater, power windows and wipers. after the airbag light comes on it works fine.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
check the fuses. . . just saying
i checked all the fuses there are all good
Maybe it's used to napping in the winter?
aaaahahaha we got a funny one!! lmao
Might be your ignition switch. Here in Canada our DRL's will work, not work, work, etc before the switch just craps out completely. For a US car that won't apply obviously, but the wipers doing the same thing could indicate the same problem.
il try this after work, it has an aftermarket ignistion from the previous owner and its kinda ghetto lol

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i wiggled the key and tryed the wipers and somthing made a whine noise but they didnt come on and the heater didnt work ether

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sounds like your ingition switch then. Try cleaning it, if no success, replace it. Even if that isn't the problem you won't have a "ghetto" ingition switch anymore ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Did you wiggle the key in all different angles? Did the airbag light come on? If you have the same problem as me, it won't work unless the airbag light comes on. I normally jiggle the key up and down slowly and turn it almost to where it will turn the car off without actually turning the car off. Cleaning the ignition switch as Levi B said is a better idea. I'm just lazy and don't want to clean it :)

·
(⌐■_■)
2,143 Posts
I had this problem once, although I kept blowing a fuse. It ended up being a grounding problem where the wiring harness passes through the firewall

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like your ingition switch then. Try cleaning it, if no success, replace it. Even if that isn't the problem you won't have a "ghetto" ingition switch anymore ;)
yeah i need to replace it. my key is about 2 inchs long lmao it looks like a key for a master padlock or somthing:fp:

Did you wiggle the key in all different angles? Did the airbag light come on? If you have the same problem as me, it won't work unless the airbag light comes on. I normally jiggle the key up and down slowly and turn it almost to where it will turn the car off without actually turning the car off. Cleaning the ignition switch as Levi B said is a better idea. I'm just lazy and don't want to clean it :)
i wiggled the key back and forth il try up and down lol and the airbag light on mine blinks 6 times goes out for a sec then it blinks 6 more times...over and over

I had this problem once, although I kept blowing a fuse. It ended up being a grounding problem where the wiring harness passes through the firewall
yea i wish it was a fuse but they are all gooood

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok well i tryed to wiggle the key every way possible and it didnt work lol

i moved the wires going to my ignition (electrical tape nightmare...Previous owner...smh) and the noise would get louder when i moved them?? so im thinking a new ignition is in order haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts