ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard if what they say is true or worth it? This is their deal.

Nology HotWires are the most technologically advanced ignition wires available. HotWires create the most powerful spark possible. HotWires are engineered with a special built-in capacitor, exclusive only to HotWires. This revolutionary design allows energy from the ignition coil to accumulate in the capacitor until the voltage at the spark plug electrodes reaches the ionization point. At that split second point the entire power of the stored spark is discharged at once, creating a spark 300 times more powerful.

The result is faster, more complete combustion, and most importantly, MORE HORSEPOWER that's 100%. Smog Legal Available in 7 colors to compliment your under hood styling. Click the color thumbnail to the left to see each color.

Im lookin into buying some soon so any advice or other suggestions please let me know.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,622 Posts
I'd say it's BS. I've never seen any real dyno evidence of anything they claim.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
The general consensus is that the Miata doesn't suffer from inadequate ignition wire throughput even with higher than stock power output levels so long as the oem NGK blue wires are relatively new and in good shape. No one has measured any appreciable performance gains with Nology wires vs. brand new stock wires *on the Miata. The fact that stock wires only cost a fraction of Nology wires is icing on the cake. The key to strong ignition system performance is to replace the oem wires regularly. My factory workshop manuals don't specify the interval but for the sake of argument let's say every 30k miles and you're golden.

*edit

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Save your money and buy some MazdaSpeeds. The stockers work well, get something else if it's burning a hole in your pocket.

·
2,708 Posts
^why pay extra Mazdaspeed? Are they made of gold?

I've yet to see a dyno where the horsepower gain is appreciable. Dyno's that show a 2-3 hp gain is negligable due to +/- errors.

The only reason I even use NGK wires is the construction, not for any performance advantages.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
^why pay extra Mazdaspeed? Are they made of gold?

I've yet to see a dyno where the horsepower gain is appreciable. Dyno's that show a 2-3 hp gain is negligable due to +/- errors.

The only reason I even use NGK wires is the construction, not for any performance advantages.
'Cause it's MazdaSpeed :p

That's why I said the stockers work well and to get something else if the money is burning a hole in his pocket.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Mazdaspeed green wires are so cool looking though. Too bad the price is very expensive. I've seen people try to sell used Mazdaspeed wires for $100 or more.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,622 Posts
I think that's the key of the matter...even if they did give a MINOR benefit (that has yet to be proven), there are plenty of known alternatives (Magnacores, NGK Blues, etc.) that do the job for less money. Your car will work in tip-top shape with those, so save your money for the things you want :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts