ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, how did I not know about this site before tonight?

I've owned my '90 Miata for 16 years. I purchased it as a summer only ride, still have it, and probably will never sell it. She's red, and came with all the extras, including hardtop.

Over that time, I've put about 50k on it (showed 33k when I bought it) and haven't had to spend hardly anything on repairs, barring rear brakes, tires and very little else.

Seeing my running expenses have been next to nothing, I have spent a bit on toys, over the years. My first major upgrade was 15" Panasports and Dunlops, purchased from Moss back in '96. I also added some additional accessories from their catalog: chassis braces, Borla exhaust, wheel spats, front spoiler, retractable antenna, and some other odds and ends. I included some Racing Beat 4" driving lights which are mounted in the grille opening on custom brackets, and moved the front plate to the lower edge of the intake.

About 5 years ago, I swapped out the interior for the tan leather seats and interior panels from a later M model, which I found on Ebay. The tan top also came along in the deal, so I added that, as well. The finished interior is actually a mix of tan and original black, to give it a more Italianesque appearance. A Nardi mahogany wheel, and RSpeed instrument cluster completes the look. I also swapped out the original radio/cassette player for a Pioneer CD head unit, with additional Polk audio door speakers and tweeters.

At the same time, I replaced the original shocks with 5 way KYBs, but kept the stock springs, in deference to our pot holed and frost heaved roads.

My other fun cars include a '78 280Z, a California car which I cosmetically restored about 10 years ago, and which I still love, and a couple of MG T series project cars, one of which I plan finish as a road race replica for the street, but which I never seem to have time to work on.

I can't seem to decide whether to keep the original body, which needs a bit of restoration, or build myself a late 40's Frazer Nash/Maser A6 replica body for it out of fiberglass.

Sites like this make it harder to decide which way to go.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Cool, more peeps from MA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts