ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the miata scene, but I love it so far. I just bought a NA 95 and as I was driving, I noticed that there was some smoke coming from under my shift boot. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? Is it the transmission? Everything runs fine, but if it's a problem, I want to get it fixed ASAP. Thanks for the help.

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
sounds like you got a fluid leak some where and you need to replace the shift boot under the console. i would get under the car and find your leak frist then go to mazda and order the boot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I lifted the car and the only leak i found was from the head, but I replaced the whole thing already and there no problem there. Could it be the transmission? I haven't had any problems lately, but I'm afraid its going to be a problem down the line.

I recently had my airbags went off when I drove over a pot hole at high speeds, which popped my tires so could those factor be a possiblity why I saw smoke from the shift boot? The smoke occured 2 weeks after the incident.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I recently had my airbags went off when I drove over a pot hole at high speeds, which popped my tires so could those factor be a possiblity why I saw smoke from the shift boot? The smoke occured 2 weeks after the incident.
:?: :?: :| ummm... what?

anywho. take the center console off and the torn rubber boot underneath it. as i'm sure its torn if smoke is coming through. see if there's fluid spilling out the shifter. I'd imagine there is and its leaking on your cat converter, or your rear tranny seal is leaking and spraying on your cat. either one of these is easy to deal with. It's hard to diagnose something without more specific info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts