ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know a whole lot about offset and all that stuff I see on here.. but one thing I've noticed and like is that a lot of you have your wheels set up so they stick out more, mine are the stock daisy's and they are too far in! Is there anyway to like put some kinda spacer in there so they stick out further and look better? Once again sorry if this is a noob question! Feel free to give me **** for it if so. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, spacers are available but you'll need extended lug bolts if you want those 5.5in wide Daisy's stick out flush or beyond, as well as having enough threads for the lugnuts to bolt-on too.

IMO it's not worth it if you have to get new studs. For the money you may as well just upgrade to new wheels. And spacers can cause vibration problems as well.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where would I find the extended lug bolts/spacers? (I'm not too lazy to search I just don't want to buy the wrong stuff)

And how bad is this vibration...?

I want to hold off on wheels until summer, I'm gonna use up the rest of the Blizzaks that are on there then in summer I'll get some fresh yokohomas or toyo's and some wheels.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Agree, one hell of a spacer. And you'll have to change out all four wheel studs for longer ones, a lot of work when you could...

...get some wheels that will accomplish the same thing w/o having to make a change that is potentially going to cause problems. Find a low offset wheel/tire combo and you'll have it. You're not really accomplishing much by putting the 5.5inch wheels out further, getting a 7 or 8 inch wide wheel with a low offset stuffed under the wheel wells will make a bigger handling difference and look hot too. My two cents.

BTW I see plenty of people trying to run crazy spacers at my work and we constantly have vibration issues. Granted these are Benz's running 20+ inch wheels that weigh as much as all four of your daisies.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you're serious about getting some spacers, you might want to talk to some of the guys at roadsterdrift.com. I know some of them are using TC Sportline Spacers 15/25mm and they have been holding up while drifting.

You can buy them on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4x100-15mm-WHEEL-ADAPTERS-SPACERS-MIATA-PROTEGE-MX-3_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42614QQihZ016QQitemZ260077763459QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

You'd have to buy 2 sets of the above since they come in pairs only.

Hope that helps...

Anthony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts