ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Roadster fans!

Wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I drive a classic red miata with modified suspension (STS2), soon to be boosted.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Oh man!!! SSR Type-X in the house!!!!!!! I had a set of those rims back in the day, they look really good on a red car, they didnt look so great on my white car. Anyhow, very nice (light) choice!! Those are sweet!!

Welcome to the mix! Resistance to RJDM is Futile! :twisted:

PhatMiata (^_^)

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
[off topic] just curious, how can you tell the difference between the SSR Type X and Rota Auto X rims? They look the same to me. [/off topic]

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
[off topic] just curious, how can you tell the difference between the SSR Type X and Rota Auto X rims? They look the same to me. [/off topic]

Without seeing the centercap i really cannot tell from a photo, if it was in person i could tell better, SSR comes with some little SSR Type-X stickers for each wheel that fit in each lip. I had forgotten that Rota has the same wheel now. Anyhow, they still look great on a red car.

Back in the mid 90's NOBODY had them on the East Coast, i had my imported through DAZZ Motorsports, i knew they was the shizzz back then, but apparently my JDM flavor was a bit too ahead of its time for the lame East Coasters.

One guy was like,
"dude, why black rims? Chrome is what everyone else is sporting out here at the Car shows, those black rims will never been in style here in the USA".

hahaha now EVERYONE has black rims .......... dorks.......

Here is my old 91 Miata, aka BOOGER, sporting the SSR-TypeX, photo taken in 1996 (you might have seen my car in an old issue of TMR Magazine)?? (Toy Machine Racing?) back when that mag was like a little notepad, hahhaha

Im sure 2NV can relate, hey check out the windsheild banner, hehehe that was once in style too! #-o Damn im old!

PhatMiata-san (^_^)

·
Registered
282 Posts
The rotas are copys of the ssr. Most rota wheels are copys of other wheels, that is why they can sell them so cheap.(No money in Research & Development)

Not to mention there quality isn't as good as the wheels they are copying. That also has a lot to do with the cost too. I'm not bashing rota or anything.....I mean I would die for a set of 13x8 RBs but the way they are make is just a lot more less expensive than say.....ray's engineering's forging process. Damn I hope this doen't sound like I hate rota because I don't, I swear. :)

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody for the compliments! This site is friendly!

LagunaMiata: Rich, im going to reattempt to turbo the miata on saturday but if all else fails (knocks on wood) i'll definately come out.

Phatmiata: thanks for the invite to the forum and thanks for the compliment but the rims are supposedly being sold this week. I have some 15x8's, 0 offset replacing them. =)

inertiaticism: you dont drive a sunburst yellow with black vinyl do you? you should waved me down sometime so we could meet.

·
Registered
172 Posts

Without seeing the centercap i really cannot tell from a photo, if it was in person i could tell better, SSR comes with some little SSR Type-X stickers for each wheel that fit in each lip. I had forgotten that Rota has the same wheel now. Anyhow, they still look great on a red car.

Back in the mid 90's NOBODY had them on the East Coast, i had my imported through DAZZ Motorsports, i knew they was the shizzz back then, but apparently my JDM flavor was a bit too ahead of its time for the lame East Coasters.

One guy was like,
"dude, why black rims? Chrome is what everyone else is sporting out here at the Car shows, those black rims will never been in style here in the USA".

hahaha now EVERYONE has black rims .......... dorks.......

Here is my old 91 Miata, aka BOOGER, sporting the SSR-TypeX, photo taken in 1996 (you might have seen my car in an old issue of TMR Magazine)?? (Toy Machine Racing?) back when that mag was like a little notepad, hahhaha

Im sure 2NV can relate, hey check out the windsheild banner, hehehe that was once in style too! #-o Damn im old!

PhatMiata-san (^_^)
1996?
Your making me feel like I was late getting in to the game. I have seen pics of Booger before but did not know it was yours. I did not start on my car until 1999. Yea I had a windsheild banner (aka Headband) as well back in the day.

Anyway I am liking the red & black X rims on your ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks everybody for the compliments! This site is friendly!

LagunaMiata: Rich, im going to reattempt to turbo the miata on saturday but if all else fails (knocks on wood) i'll definately come out.

Phatmiata: thanks for the invite to the forum and thanks for the compliment but the rims are supposedly being sold this week. I have some 15x8's, 0 offset replacing them. =)

inertiaticism: you dont drive a sunburst yellow with black vinyl do you? you should waved me down sometime so we could meet.
No, for the time being, I am driving an old police car or one of a bunch of VWs.
Know anyone in Charlotte who's selling a cheap MX5?

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's the super JDM OBX-R exhaust! bwuahah

Im replacing it with a exhaust exiting the center to match with the turbo soon.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
honestly? darn good. Not raspy but deep even though i have a test pipe. Will be sold though, i have developed a soft spot for that RS*R.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts