ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I stumbled upon this site from roadster drift. I'm admin over at norcal240sx.net But I'm getting tired of my S chassis. More and more I'm realizing the car isn't what I wanted after all because it's more or less of a drift car and my roots are more grip driving related.

Hopefully I'll be selling my S13 soon and picking up a miata though :] Or I may just keep both.. hehe It's so hard to let my S13 go :(

EDIT: Here's some pics.. :)

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Welcome to the board and nice 240sx. Mod list? I have tons of friends with them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh not much.. I was prepping her for night drift and the occasional nights when I take the long way home ;) As you can see.. handling is more important on my list than anything else, which is why a few people reccomended me to the miata.

Megan Racing Coilovers
Megan Racing STB's
Custom C-pillar Bar
Nismo Power Brace
SPL Parts Tension Rods
SPL Parts Subframe Collars
15x7 0 offset Enkei Mesh w/ 225/50/15 BFGoodrich G-Force Sport all around.
Sparco Sprint bucket seat
Quick release steering wheel
HKS Hi-Power exhaust
V-Tun'd Custom front lip
JDM Chuki amber/clear bumper lights

A while ago I was planning on a swap.. But the more I drove her in the twistes the less I relied on power, till I just figured I wouldn't need a swap. If I keep this car and have a miata, I probobly will do the swap just for kicks :)

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Nice car.

I say keep it and find yourself a used NA (first gen) miata. Sounds like youre no stranger to working on cars so you could probably find one for cheap needing some minor repair.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm still unsure if I'm going to keep the 240.. Would be kinda wierd to run Norcal240sx.net and NOT have an S chassis. XD

I'm thinkin of keeping both but if I deciede to keep both, the miata would be a 1.6 since they're so much cheaper. But I heard I should stay away form the 90~91's. Maybe I can go apply for a loan :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
i say get rid of your s13 and get a honda civic. haw haw haw jk J. i kept my s14 and i have a NA, now hurry up and get that miata!

·
Registered
116 Posts
yeah definately go with both cars. you'll appreciate having the miata to depend on when you rip apart the 240 for a swap, or vice versa.

after going through countless big projects with the only car i had at the time, i've learned that 2 cars is the only way to go if you want to get down with some serious wrenching. no stress about having the project half ass finished in time to drive to work...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah.. norcal drift scene is hella poopoo now :(

I'm from san jose. Yeah, I'm on RD too haha

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How ironic. I didn't even want meshies cause so many S chassis cars have them. But the deal was WAY too good to pass up, so I just got them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts