ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was an OK weekend. We did a demo in the local FOX news parking lot on Friday which was awesome. I qualified 9th on Saturday, but lost in the first round of 16 to the person who won the event. My teammate however, totalled his car in Sunday practice. VERY scary, but he walked away from it. I finished 14th overall and I'm 6th in points for the season. Here are some pics.

And the wreck:

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
holy ****, that was a nasty hit. Those are some nice pics, your car looks super clean for a drift car

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
Wow man great pics. Sorry to hear about your buddies car. That wreck looked nasty.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Do all drift events have concrete barriers like that? Please pasrdon me if it is a dumb question, I've never been to a drift event. That was one nasty hit there. I'd be happy I was able to walk away, but I'd be pretty pissed about the car.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
APEX: No, only "pro" events have the KRail. Any local event is just cones.

freedomgli: The car is runnig good, she needs a good tune though. We'll get it on the dyno with a wideband before St. Louis

CE28N: It's a Godspeed Aluminum Civic radiator I got off of eBay, and a stock Civic fan and shroud

·
Registered
420 Posts
Man.. what did he do swing too wide? It looks like from the gif vid he was looking to the right the whole time as he smacked the rail..

·
Registered
466 Posts
The funniest part was watching him "try" and throw out the Wanli Tires t-shirts. I have seen 5 year-old girls throw left handed better than him....

Before he starts crying, there WAS a 2-3 mph wind in his face. I am sure Marty will try and blame that.... I think he just limp-wristed it...I mean look; it IS a pink Miata....

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Either way you finished, congrats Marty! =D> Looks like you had a good clean run none the less.

Sorry to see and hear about your buddy's wreck, he had to hit it pretty damn hard to knock one of those barriers back that far #-o

1 - 17 of 17 Posts