ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
You can get them for either side. It's a full replacement quarter window that needs to be glued in place. Leni had some on sale not too long ago but be forewarned the install is a little tricky.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
leni?? where can i get them in the states
As always is the case when you see something on Club Roadster that you want to buy but have no idea who to buy it from check the forum sponsors. They're here for a reason. Leni owns Metro Motorsports. He is good people. Give him your money in exchange for cool jdm parts.

·
CR.net Supporter
185 Posts
What is the ease in scratchness on those bits?

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
It's polycarbonate so it scratches just as easily as eyeglasses would but minor scratches can usually be polished out. Generally, if you're going to use plastic windows you don't really care about how easily they scratch. You just deal with it when it happens. On a small fixed side window I wouldn't worry about it.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
exactly what I was about to make a thread about! Side window cooling. NoPro the only option out there?

Emailed Leni for price.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I was wrong about the glue. Apparently the quarter widows are held in place with the gasket alone.

http://www.metromotorsports.com/tiparchive/tipview.asp?TipID=32

As far as price I recall somewhere in the $200 range each. They retail new in Japan for ¥14,700 which is $126 at today's exchange rates so when you figure local taxes, international shipping, customs duties, profit margin, and local shipping it's easy to see how they'd top $200 a piece.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anyone know if you turn the vent 180 so the opening faces the rear instead of the front? This would be perfect for smokers needing to flick ash w/o worry of it flying back in my eye or when it rains. haha, $200 to aid my nicotine habit.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
midtenn used to sell a really cheap set, I wish they were still around. I saw them and when I went to buy them their page was bye bye
Mid Tenn Miata used to offer a similar vent window made from Lexan. Sadly, Mid Tenn is no longer in business and this product is NLA.

From the archive.org Way Back Machine:

Miata Vent Windows

Designed and manufactured here in Middle Tennessee, these Vent Windows were designed to give the Miata owner the ability after all these years to direct FRESH air to various areas inside the car. Winter and bad weather driving now will be a little more pleasurable with these units. As a long time pilot and airplane builder, I noticed years ago that the vents that were installed in my plane proved to be very valuable as I did the pre-flight and engine run-up. SO, Why not design a set that would do the same for MY Custom Miata.

The Lexan windows are laser cut to the exact dimensions of the Miata Quarter windows. The vents are made from high quality acrylics.

These will change the air quality inside the car and for smokers, will allow them to get rid of a lot of smoke as well. Excellent air flow while in a rain storm.

Sets fit all years Miata, and kit comes with everything needed, including detailed instructions. Can be swapped out in about an hour or so. Simple tools needed.

The vent window kit can be purchased from MidTennMiata for $69 plus $6 s/h.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Hey Phatty, where were you when I asked about these? :( Doesn't JDM James have one of these on his car?

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Well you pay for what you get, and I need some serious venting on the inside. I'll contact Leni and see if I can get one soon.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Leni just emailed me back with some information. The NoPro run's $120 per side plus $25 shipping. A total of $245 shipped. Not a bad price.

Something that i'll heavily consider since this might be my only way of cooling in the hot summer. (no AC, no softop :lol: )

1 - 20 of 58 Posts