ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve had my 99NB for about 6 or 7 months now, and I love it. Its summer, so it’s finally time to get cracking.

FYI this is a budget build, bills and a active social life keeps me pretty poor. In the next six months, the overall build cost will be far less than $1000. But don’t be fooled there is plenty of work to be done, mainly consisting of DIY and more labor oriented projects.

Got the car 100% stock, current mods:
Halo H4 Icis Blue Bulbs
Ebay Strut Bar
Painted rims
Muteki lugs
DIY license plate relocation bracket

An this is how it sits as of now

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ok, first order of business, a few maintenance task’s:
Seafoam, the whole 9 yrds, crank case, vacuum lines, and gas tank.
Oil change, with a K&N filter and chevron oil, NAPA air filter as well

And let me tell you, it feels like a whole new car. Runs smoother, acceleration feels so much more solid now, and overall its a whole lot healthier, even though it was running fine before. I highly recommend this to anyone!:smile:

Exhaust, first of many posts. So I got a passenger side muffler from a corvette dismantler a little north of San Jose. There off a 2000 C5, supposedly it only has 200 miles on it, and considering the condition, it looks about right, and it was only $25.:mrgreen:

I plan to run a center exhaust with the bottom of the tips level with the bottom of my bumper, I am going to keep the stock vette tips. So yea i will be cutting into the bumper which should go smoothly I hope, also ordering some door trim guards today, to clean up the cut out.

Will provide installed pics along with a video clip, hopefully within a week.
Cant wait to hear what it sounds like!
:hello kitty:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't expect the tips to be black. :? I want the same muffler with polished/chrome tips.
Me too, I would like to have chrome tips as well, they are around. The chrome tips either slide on or are welded, but they want 40 for them on ebay, and you get 4, and I only need 2, its a little more then I want to paid.

I am content with black though

·
··
4,227 Posts
Me too, I would like to have chrome tips as well, they are around. The chrome tips either slide on or are welded, but they want 40 for them on ebay, and you get 4, and I only need 2, its a little more then I want to paid.

I am content with black though
Gotta link? Long story short my phone is oddly, mind of its own, finicky about letting me get to the classic site view:?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ok update! Exhaust is in :D

SOUND CLIP!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej0aCEK1UtQ

There is definitely a different and more robust note, but its not loud by any means, its a tad louder, but not....OMG look at me. I enjoy it more the the stock unit, and for my $20 muffler, and $60 weld in, I am happy with my investment. Also it's much smaller, and tucks up nice.

Will upload a video tomorrow!!!! : 3gears:

Door Cards!

Drove to Static Nine Garage this morning. Got 2 NA door panels, both upper bumper things were $30. They where out of just the bumpers, so they gave me the whole door panel for no extra charge......I'm not complaining.

If your in the bay and need parts or repair work, hit them up http://www.facebook.com/StaticNineGarage?fref=ts

The Black tar wasn't to bad, and yes WD-40 really does the job. I plan on adding purple door pulls, with the cards being clear acrylic. Also plan on cleaning it up more and repainting the whole inside door panel, the factory blue, should be pretty dam clean.:phillyb:

AUDIO!!!
So I have the Bose system currently and it sounded great..... when it actually worked, CD player has been burnt out for a few months, and the driver side speaker doent work, water damage...maybe. Sooooo...

KICKERS!!!.....but there are to small....ugh, but I will get them fitted. Hooked it up and it sound good, way better then stock, but I still want more!

If ppl are interested. I could make a compare/contrast video.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

As you can see they are small, might make some brackets out of metal or acrylic.

So im slowly stripping my interior. The center console is out, and both door panels, radio/tape delete to come, and that is going to be about it, in tell late spring. Then Glovebox, trunk, carpet, etc...

And I found this.....

NO MATTER! Maybe tomorrow, i will be picking up some more parts from static 9. My driver side power window is dead, so i will be get the whole assemble, motor, regulator, etc.... It comes as a package. I will pick up a used boot as well

Interior as of now

"Sick Speed" 4in extender and knob

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got some good work done today.
Rust-Oleum bed liner on the wells, and dam. I love this stuff, sprays so easy and really looks great!

After paint

Just some tape, paint, newspaper, soap, and water.This picture does not due it justice, but it will look great with my newly painted wheels. It might not be a big consideration for most, but considering theres no low, the wells are exposed, way to much and it really shows.

So my passenger side window has been bogged down for a few months, and then one day it just stopped working.......****, at least my window was up. So I went down to Static 9, and got a regulator for $80.
I plan to install it in a few days, should be fun...:suicide: lol

I really wanted to change my wheels up. Cant afford new ones, so I decided to change the paint scheme again on my stockers.

This is what I had

Paint Time!!!

I used Dupilcolor engine enamel gold, Dupilcolor silver wheel paint, and Dupilcolor engine enamel clear. Its not prefect, but it has 4 coats of gold and clear, and wow they really pop! 600 grit wetsand, then 1200.

Dirty car, but cant wait to see this in the daylight. :phillyb:
Now I just have to do the other side, ugh
In a few days, I plan on painting my calipers(still debating color), and rotors, to complete this budget makeover.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
return to stock color wheels and stock exhaust and remove any/all stickers. your car will look 10x better. key to budget builds is making it look like there is no budget. painted stockies, modified stock exhaust from another car, and "hip" stickers make you look even more broke than you actually are.

not hating, just sharing some experience.
I like the way my car looks. I'm not trying to impress anyone, just having fun, and enjoying myself in the process, but thank you for your input.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts