ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm still new on this board, but i'm not new to cars... I LOVE road rallies / poker runs... Some friends of mine from B&L Productions, the group that puts on YuppieRally & Cars & Copters have organized a 3 day, 1500 mile poker run style road rally to benefit the Boys & Girls Club...

When: August 17-19
Where: Starts at Driven Perfection in Weymouth MA, and goes all over the Northeast...
Who: Well I know I'm in with my NA, and quite a few others. You will see Subarus, audis, miatas, mustangs, who knows what else...
How Much: The price is $800/car, or $400/person depending on how you look at it..
Why: Why not!? Its a great event, it benefits charity, and these things are ALWAYS a blast...

Here's some pictures from past events we have done to give you an idea of some of the cars you may see...

I know quite a few people will say wow this is expensive... But in reality, its not... Two nice hotel rooms are $300.. Then you will be provided some meals, other surprises along the way, and are making a nice donation to charity.. Its actually a great way to spend a weekend that I guarantee you will remember for the rest of your life.

To sign up, just take a look at:
http://www.northeastrally.com

As an FYI, when you click Register Now, it will take you to a page that has a YuppieRally logo at the top. This is simply because they are using the same sign up page as they are for their tail of the dragon run.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask... I'm not one of the organizers, but I am somebody with a lot of experience in these types of road rallies / poker runs...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Might be out of my budget this year as I'm still building the car but love the idea and would totally be in for next year.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might be out of my budget this year as I'm still building the car but love the idea and would totally be in for next year.
honestly... I've done the ramen noodle / mac and cheese diet to be able to afford a similar one to this a few years ago... Because its THAT much fun, and I REFUSE to miss an event like this..

Here are some of the routes that i've done on past events similar to this...

2009:

2008:

2010:

And knowing the guys that are organizing this... It will be BETTER than previous years...

My friend on another board posted where i have this listed... And his description nails it on the head...

Skimobile said:
+2, it's well worth the price.
Also, it is NOT a Gumball Rally. It's a poker run, with no prize for coming in 1st to ANY checkpoint. Each team draws one card at each checkpoint and best poker hand after 3 days driving wins

What you WILL do is get good some seat time in your favorite vehicle, meet new friends, cruise some roads most don't even know exist, take in some historic and scenic areas, stay at 4/5 star hotels and probably celebrate just a LITTLE too much at the end of each day. There was even some mention of some track time, but that's TBD....
This run usually draws in people from Maryland to the Great White North (Northern Canada). Don't miss out.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ha, the money for the event isn't the problem. The money to get the car ready to be in the event is. We'll see how the next month goes. If the car isn't done by June 1st I may just blow it up!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol I know that feeling... Also remember, that any car as long as its performance oriented is welcome... Its not a race... Its a drive...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
14 signed up in the first week!

Signups are limited at 35...

I has an excited! Anybody else gonna join?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Registered Car list as of today:
'13 GT500
Audi S4
Subaru WRX
Legacy GT
Mazda Miata
Toyota Supra
Dodge Charger RT
Subaru WRX
Nismo 350z
Porsche 911 Turbo
Audi S4
VW R32
Lotus Exige
Mitsu Evo
Mitsu Evo
Porsche Carrera S
Subaru WRX
Audi A4
Audi A4
Honda CR-Z
Audi S4

To get on the list: Go to www.northeastrally.com to register! Only a week or so left to register!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
one more week to get your deposit in! Sign up and be a part of history with the first ever northeast rally!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to everybody that signed up! The list looks like:

Paid In full:
Chris!/Cristov9000- Shelby GT500
55Fanatic/Big Pete- Audi A4
Skimobile- WRX
Lgkahn- Legacy GT
nperkins-Mazda Miata

Registered with deposit: