ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just bought a 1990 toyota celica all trac st185. and i have to say that i love it. these cars are very rare and i was fortunate enough to find one locally for pretty cheap. it doesnt have any mods done to it except for a no name exhaust and some boost and oil pressure gauges. the only down side is that the front driver side fender has a dent... :cry: but the seller included a replacement fender :D but yeah i know its not a miata, but still i just wanted to share with you guys. heres a pic from the original seller but ill get some other ones up as soon as i can..

Attachments

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I've always liked them but, like the MR2, I think most of them are too expensive. Carlos Sainz won the 1992 World Rally Champion in a Toyota Celica GT-Four. Like any AWD car I find that I would need two of them so that I can have one for tarmac stage and another for gravel/snow stage.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wanna throw a guess at how much i got her for? 140,xxx miles. no major problems except dent.....

·
Mufasa in Training
31,094 Posts
You forgot the 3rd one for spare parts, Kyle ;)

Honestly, while they're not as old as a 323GTX, ST185's (especially one so rare) are probably getting more and more difficult to locate parts for. I hope that's not the case for you!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I always loved those cars too!

How much did you pay? $4000?
$4300. blue book is way lower then what i had to pay, but i still think it was very much worth it. also most of the body parts are the same as the regular celica, and the engine is the same internally as the mr2 turbo so replacement parts shouldnt be that hard to hunt down.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Really awesome car you got there, good choice.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Matt, that is one sweet ST165.
thanks. btw, check your email!

I always loved me some alltrac action but damn if it was cheaper to just get a brand new miata.

The '4 was fun and very comfortable but at 3400 lbs, not a lightweight. rumor has it the motors can easily handle 400 bhp worth of mods on a stock bottom end. all forged internals and oil squirters and such in there. all hail the 3SGTE!

It woulda been cool to keep the "OG WRX" and pimp it out rally style with mud flaps and a slight lift and some knobbies for driving up and down curbs but I didn't get around to it.

Like this like this:

mmmmmmmmmm

1 - 20 of 32 Posts