ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The welding isn't the problem it was the grinding :lol:

Someone better than me could do that without bridging it first honestly but I don't think I'm that guy. I could also tack a small bit in there and weld it normally and it'd be fine. We'll see.

Thanks man!

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

Both of the axle plates are basically done. I'm not thrilled with them, but rather than making them first and bending everything to them I bent everything and had to make something that worked. If I had a pipe bender or someone doing the bends for me the correct way would have been an option, but, here we are.

The last thing to do is clamp them both together and hit them with the coarse belt on my grinder to add radiuses to make them look nicer. Then I'll be squaring everything up and tacking it together!

·
100% Jakedashian
7,031 Posts
Just re-read through the thread, noticed you mentioned Kreem tank liner.

I'm currently dealing with failing Kreem in my Ducati fuel tank and $100 worth of acetone later I have it all out. Replacing with Red-Kote. Seems to be a common thread amongst internet bike guys to have tanks with crap Kreem and replacing it with Red-Kote.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
That's interesting because I found the exact opposite lol. I think the general consensus is that either will work if applied properly, and both will fail if done poorly.

Afaik it's literally just epoxy resin with color in it.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

Squared everything up and tacked a bunch of it together. I still need to pull the hard tail pieces off to drill holes in the old frame that I can fill with weld over the new tube but that's nbd. It should square up easy now that everything is tacked. Everything fits (no tensioners on obviously so there's some extra room on the axle) and looks good to me. Pretty good step forward for this thing I think.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts