ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The welding isn't the problem it was the grinding :lol:

Someone better than me could do that without bridging it first honestly but I don't think I'm that guy. I could also tack a small bit in there and weld it normally and it'd be fine. We'll see.

Thanks man!

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

Both of the axle plates are basically done. I'm not thrilled with them, but rather than making them first and bending everything to them I bent everything and had to make something that worked. If I had a pipe bender or someone doing the bends for me the correct way would have been an option, but, here we are.

The last thing to do is clamp them both together and hit them with the coarse belt on my grinder to add radiuses to make them look nicer. Then I'll be squaring everything up and tacking it together!

·
100% Jakedashian
7,251 Posts
Just re-read through the thread, noticed you mentioned Kreem tank liner.

I'm currently dealing with failing Kreem in my Ducati fuel tank and $100 worth of acetone later I have it all out. Replacing with Red-Kote. Seems to be a common thread amongst internet bike guys to have tanks with crap Kreem and replacing it with Red-Kote.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
That's interesting because I found the exact opposite lol. I think the general consensus is that either will work if applied properly, and both will fail if done poorly.

Afaik it's literally just epoxy resin with color in it.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

Squared everything up and tacked a bunch of it together. I still need to pull the hard tail pieces off to drill holes in the old frame that I can fill with weld over the new tube but that's nbd. It should square up easy now that everything is tacked. Everything fits (no tensioners on obviously so there's some extra room on the axle) and looks good to me. Pretty good step forward for this thing I think.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

Popped the tank on quick to take some seat measurements. Going to FL this weekend so no more working on this for a bit. Hopefully I can find a seat I like and have it waiting when I get home. Finish welding everything up and get the seat done, add a battery box, then get it sand blasted and painted so I can slap this turd back together. Oh and lower the forks internally a couple inches so they don't stick out stupidly.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

These pictures don't look much different than the last ones but significant progress has been made. I pulled the hard tail pieces off and drilled a half a dozen 3/8 holes on each side, then put it all back together and squared it up. Then I finally started tacking everything for the last time, filled the holes for the plug welds, welded up the seams, and here we are. The frame is mostly done. It needs a crossbar up top in front of the wheel for the seat, and I need to add a battery box somewhere. But like.. Look at it, the wheel is square, it all fits together. This is NEAT.

I'm going to put the motor in it tomorrow to check chain clearance and work on the battery box location. I feel like all of the hard stuff is done. The rest should be easy. Basically just assembly left.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,328 Posts
I've always wanted to see a frame done in bass boat paint...

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Oh the frame will be black. The tank and rear fender will either be a darker yellow, a matte pearl white, or a similar orangeish red to what it has now.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts