ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, but I know what you are talking about. I liked the more classic look, with the splash of colour.

Its a Seiko Advan.

·
1,213 Posts
that's the ones Kyle ... the "pimp" one is my favourite , if I ever get a break from spending all my pocken money on parts to finish my car I'll get one - used to have a seiko kinetic which was really nice but it took some getting used to with the balance wheel whirring away every time you moved your hand :?

·
Registered
13 Posts
watch trade is my business, if anyone is looking for a rare watch of any sort, let me know and ill be keeping my eye out for it.

·
Esteemed Veteran Member
972 Posts
My old 7A38. Bought it new in '85 and wore it every day until 2009 when I finally replaced it due to it's tattered looks. I still have it, but it's more of a momento.

The replacement watch. An early '70s 6309 diver in a comfort fit case. These usually have a thick black diver style band. I've got a reproduction oyster style band with a Seiko safety catch on it.

One I'd like to find. A silver A828.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I'm into watches lately but my wallet prevents me from owning what I'd really like (champagne taste, beer budget) so I wear Seiko watches because I think they're cool and they're affordable. My daily is a 7T92-OCFO but it's dirty and the buttons are sticking and I've got a scratch on the bezel. I'm not fond of the idea of paying a pro $150+ to service what is essentially a $200 watch. Is there an easy way to do this myself at home?

In the meantime, I'm thinking about my next Seiko purchase. Would love an old Tag or maybe a Panerai but I just can't swing it now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts