ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I consider myself to be a booty expert but even I need some help identifying this rear end. What tail lamps are these?

Click for more pictures of the car. Any info is appreciated.

·
4,436 Posts
Yeah- this guys roadster is nothing short of incredible....simply flowing and perfect color combo (black, LE red and gold). And his cRaZy offset on those 8's are staggering. He has already replaed his tranny and hubs (go figure).

I have emailed with this guy a few times and he mentioned what the tail lamps were at that time and a 100% custom job (not Vary) - IIRC some vintage 1950/60's lamps - I need to find the link - but his web site is here if you can to troll through the many pages and try to translate. It is a great website to get lost in.

Blues Pitcrew: http://carlife.carview.co.jp/User.asp?UserID=143221

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
timallen said:
Ooooo, I want that top!!!
seconds on that joker!!!!!!!!!!!! i have been drooling over that ever since the interior swap, hhahaa Those used to be a factory option from M2-Corp Garage catalog, making it double hawt for me!!!

I also found a link to it here............ 58000 JPY

http://www.open-inc.co.jp/rcoj/shop/02exterior.html

PhatMiata

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Miata2nv said:
Those are great videos on his site. That miata in front of his sounds mean.
( ̄□ ̄;)!!
What videos? I must not be looking in the right spot, can you post the link here and/or in the video links section?

PhatMiata

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like Evercoat products. They make specialty body fillers with Kevlar reinforcements. Body filler is okay when the right type is used for the right purpose and applied by a professional. Not all "bondo" cracks, just poorly applied Bondo. A lot of people like "all metal" repairs but that takes time, money, skill, and is not always the strongest repair possible. Plus, there's no way to do an all metal repair on composite panels.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have a flyer somewhere in my stash from ~1996 advertising those tops in Japan.

My brother's '93 LE had a 3-window top. It was crap.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Blues Pitcrew said:
Thing [ want / me ] ...

Aluminum radiator of ARC ... It is high.

Roll bar of titanium ....... It is high.
Damn! This guy is living the Roadster life! A $1,200 ARC radiator?! And a mfing titanium rollbar?! That's pimp. Does the SCCA GCR and/or Solo2 rules require mild steel rollbars or can other metals be used if one can show equivalent strength calculations? Even if titanium is forbidden do safety inspectors at HPDE and autocross events typically check material composition or do they just look for a sturdy bar with good construction (welds, tube diameter and wall thickness, Gr.8 hardware, backing plates) and adequate helmet clearance?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts