ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But how about creating regional sections?

I mean, that way we can easily organize tech days or meets for local yokels. I'm sure there are people who would've loved to watch me and Ted change out my headgasket and then laugh at us when we forgot to plug a bunch of stuff in.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Well, considering we have members from all over the world, not just the USA, let's throw a few ideas around and we'll come up with something.

I like the idea, but we should try to accomodate everyone.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe go by country and have subdivisions from there?

I was going to suggest continents, but then you'd have stuff like

North America:

United States:

East Coast
Mid-West
West Coast...

you get the idea, I think country would be best and if there's an overwhelming number of people in one particular geographic location perhaps have a sub-division for that group?

·
3,542 Posts
I dunno, we just started and now we're trying to subdivide ourselves? If it's just for events organization, then that's why we have an events subforum.

Just my 2 cents (100 Phil. pesos :shock: )

·
CR.net Supporter
350 Posts
Great idea can i be the UK moderator :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I dunno, we just started and now we're trying to subdivide ourselves? If it's just for events organization, then that's why we have an events subforum.
I agree. Until this forum has tens of thousands of members with a magnitude along the lines of Miata.net or the VWVortex I think that geographic subdivisions will only segment the board even more and reduce interaction among the community at large. Even the regional forums at Miata.net move at a glacial pace so I imagine that a regional forum at RJDM would be even slower. I vote no on this proposition. Maybe set up a poll in the Forum Nuts & Bolts section?

·
Vendor
11,669 Posts
S2ki does a good job with the individual area forums. I think they have it broken down by state, even. I always check out the NM and HI forums. Good people on there.

As for Miatanet, I never ever look in the individual areas. My local club has an email list we use, so that area of Miatanet holds no intrest to me. Probably be the same here. I'd imagine most people would feel that same way and not look there since they know what their club is doing through some other forum/newsgroup.

Now an actual RoadsterJDM meet that was nationwide. THAT would be something I'd want to know about. I'd check the pre-existing events forum for that sort of info.

Wow, I just sounded pointy. Sorry. :roll:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Keep the events section as is, just ensure (by mods, that's why they get the big$$$) the Thread Topic starts with the area, and the event

i.e. National-Miatas at Deals Gap
or
San Diego-Tech day at Sea World

my 30 Iraqi Dinars worth (at todays exchange rate)

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Yeah, in reading some of the replies, I would have to agree to keep it simple for now, with perhaps posting more details in the topic title for local events.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts