ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what’s up everyone, I’m in some deeeeep sh*t lol. I can’t turn the car back on!
So I had a blown head gasket, took it out, replaced it and had the head sent to a machine shop. I labeled and bagged everything.. put it all back together and it won’t turn on. It cranks but very slowly even bough I put a new battery.. it also makes a loud grinding noise. Like if the teeth on the starter aren’t grabbing on to the flywheel..

Despite all that, I get a sort of backfire from the intake.. could be some of the starter fluid I put in it.

I also have the spark plug cables ordered

Nose

I read someone where that where they all connect in the end, it’s supposed to be 4123.. but it wasn’t until I switched them to 3124 where I had the engine putting out more like if it wanted to start.. I know the cables are probably wrong.. and the engine does crank.. but VERY slowly..

I just don’t get what’s wrong?
It’s a 1992 1.6L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How are the cams timed?

I could swear the cams are properly timed.. I lined up the cams with the indication marks and counted the teeth in between and made sure the crank was properly timed as well. I actually thought I did a relatively good job on the timing. Of course I could always be wrong lol but the timing was the one thing I felt confident I did right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I assume you have confirmed that you have fuel and spark in the engine bay? If you have timing, air, fuel, spark, and compression, your car should start. However you mention that it cranks slowly with a new battery? It could be possible that your starter is shot. Post photos and videos of what is happening.

http://revlimiter.net/blog/2011/06/miata-cam-timing/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts