ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seattle gets one day of snow a year. It shows up in February, we all go "yeah, yeah. **** you too." and life goes on. Thanks to that Global Warming fellow, we're gettin' nailed this year though. We're on our second snow of the year. I don't think we've had a white christmas since 1988 or so.

When it snowed over thanksgiving, i was in the S. This time, i was in the Miata on 14" snows.

Let me tell you, i'm likely going to get arrested by the end of the week for general hooliganism. Holy ****, i'm leaving every parking lot like 20 degrees driftomatically just for fun. The car is so controllable, i just can't help myself doing it. I'm coming up to lights and going "I should turn now... but I won't! .. wait for it, wait for it REVVVV wheeeeeeeeeee! People have been looking at me strange when i'm sideways with 2 inches of snow on the car.

Snow tires FTMFW. Getting seen bombing past people on the freeway shooting snow in a big spray behind me on the news by my mom? So not FTW... ah who am I kidding, it's the biggest FTW of all!

·
Registered
262 Posts
this part of the world SHUTS DOWN when we get a little ice on the road. No chance all us ********* would be able to handle any real amounts of snow.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Now if this said video your mom saw could be posted, that'd make your day even more! :mrgreen:

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
You might be happy with it on ocasion but when its an every day thing its not so good. Even with four snow tires living in central michigan in the winter was a ****ing nightmare.

It took me 6 hours one time to make a less then2 hour journey from kalamazoo to mt pleasant, I was going 20 mph in 2nd gear with about a foot an ahalf of snow on the freeway...not plowed. any faster and I would loose the rear end. Still got jack ***** riding my tail, even when I demostrated that the back end would slide by tapping the gas, they would back of for all of two seconds then ride me again. *******. That and having to stop every few miles to unblock the radiator of snow and ice, clean the wheel wells out of frozen slush and de freeze the wippers from snow-icy mix.

Snow sucks, glad I live in Florida now.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am now sad.

I woke up this morning, and all that was left was slush, and wet.

no more snow. Still driftomatic in the wet though. ;)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
the thought of snow scares the hell out of me.... at least this year, now that the car is turbo......

260whp is bad enough in the rain..... it kicks sideways in 3rd gear if I'm into boost at all, and 1st and 2nd gear are useless......

snow would be a nightmare......... albeit a fun one till I got stuck :)

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
People actually believe in global warming?
Drifting in snow = rally driving in my book...hahaha

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Global warming is a proveable fact. It's the causes that are debatable ;) I think it's a natural warming trend we've been in for the past 10000 years, that may or may not be accelerated by human produced chemicals.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
The last 10,000 yrs?
Weather patterns and climate changes have only been logged data for 100yrs.
And I agree. It probably is just a natural warming trend. There isn't any real evidence (i.e. data dating back 10k years) that scientists can 100% prove. Its all simulations and theories that they want to prove. The actual facts were lost in time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts