ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Yeah, that should do it. it can be used with any hub and wheel with a momo bolt pattern. It pushes the wheel pretty far out but I really like where it ended up, it's erfect if you've got long leags and frees up a lot of knee room.

I bought Mine (a red generation 1) for like $70 shipped on ebay, but I think Forum sponsor C2auto can get them fairly cheaply too.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Yeah. I don't have any pics right now. I have a custom hub, but it's about the same size as the standard hubs you get from Daikei or Momo. If you don't like where it puts the wheel NRG makes a slim hub, but it's not necessary.

Some people don't like where it puts the wheel; I remember JesseCLee said he thought it was too close.

I'm 5'10 with long legs for my height so my seat is pretty far back anyway. It opened up lots of leg room.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
is there any play in these? I'm leaning towards a spacer but if it's real that cheap and there's no play I'll consider it too.

·
Registered
976 Posts
there is no play in them, i've had mine for over 2 years and put over 30k miles on it.

still no play and i have version 1

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes it will. THE NRG QR are 12 bolt pattern and will work for both MOMO and Nardi Patterns.

I have NRG QR on my 240 now with Nardi Steering wheel..

·
Registered
60 Posts
^^Someone motioned "Personal" it's a JDM term for Nardi mounts, if I recall... :)

This is the exact setup I was looking at (ebay sites are for reference only):

Black NRG 3cm Short Hub
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NRG-STEERING-WHEEL-HUB-ADAPTOR-MAZDA-6-3-MIATA-RX8-RX7_W0QQitemZ190107771105QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33704QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Black NRG G 2.5 Quick Release Hub
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NRG-STEERING-WHEEL-G2-5-QUICK-RELEASE-HUB-CIVIC-RSX-CRX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33704QQihZ009QQitemZ190108364275

I wasn't going to get the additional lockable cover.

Supposedly the 2 and 2.5 versions are supposed to be vastly improved over the
previous 1 version, which I have heard is still extra good (comparied even to the more expensive brands).
The miata seems to a have a robust steering array to
begin with, so these hubs are going to work pretty well from what I've gathered.

And now also by what A935, Crim, That7, and the rest are attesting to. Hince this
was my choice. I wanted to go for theshortest hub & the 2.5 so when that one time I'm wearing racing gloves, I can take easliy take it off as I pass the grandstands
and throw it to the cutest girl... quickly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Pull the light from the gauge. Put some cool faces on while you're in there... That's what I've been planning.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
So will the NRG hub and quick release will reduce the distance of the steering wheel or not. Really thinking of picking this up because I believe the wheel is really close to my legs and wanted to reduced the steering wheel distance anyway possible.
its a night and day difference. im 6' so i had the wheel rubbing on my legs for awhile. even with a deep rally style momo wheel. but once i put in the full size nrg quick release the wheel moved up and away from my knees allowing for heel-toe action and better steering.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
I could have sworn I saw in SCC recently that there is a narrower NRG quick release hub, that doesnt push out the wheel so far.

The hub pictured above moves the wheel out about as far as my deep dish steering wheel, at least thats how its felt when I sat in my friends cars. Great for legroom for sure. I dont think I would try a deep dish steering wheel on a quick release hub though, it would be way too close I think, you could steer with your teeth.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts