ClubRoadster.net banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
I could have sworn I saw in SCC recently that there is a narrower NRG quick release hub, that doesnt push out the wheel so far.

The hub pictured above moves the wheel out about as far as my deep dish steering wheel, at least thats how its felt when I sat in my friends cars. Great for legroom for sure. I dont think I would try a deep dish steering wheel on a quick release hub though, it would be way too close I think, you could steer with your teeth.
are you referring to this?

I could have sworn I saw in SCC recently that there is a narrower NRG quick release hub, that doesnt push out the wheel so far.

The hub pictured above moves the wheel out about as far as my deep dish steering wheel, at least thats how its felt when I sat in my friends cars. Great for legroom for sure. I dont think I would try a deep dish steering wheel on a quick release hub though, it would be way too close I think, you could steer with your teeth.
are you referring to this?

He's talking about the NRG V3 qr. Combined with the NRG short hub I believe it actually makes the wheels sit in further than stock

Im only 5'8'' and the stock wheel sits in just the right place for me. I have enough loeg room but sometimes my leg hits the wheel when I heel toe. I figured a smaller diameter steering wheel would give me just enough room.

SO, I am looking for a hub/quick release combo that will put the wheel (a flat one, probably a Personal) right around the same distance as the stock wheel. Im thinking about going with a Momo Hub and the slim NRG QR pictured above. Or if thats still to close to the body I might have to go with the NGR short hub.

Any opinions?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.