ClubRoadster.net banner

NW Ohio Noob

544 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Chris@Moss 
#1 ·
I thought I would post up some general info so that people can pop in, say "hi, welcome!" and then leave. :)

I plan to buy a Miata before the end of March, 2012. I sold my BMW a few years back to go back to school and graduated a year ago with my master's. 6 months later I landed a full-time job and, now that I'm a bit more back-on-track financially, will be saving and looking for a miata so I can get back into AutoX.

When I had the bimmer I was in GS but on street tires. I always liked the idea of being able to race against people with the same car to gauge how much was driver and how much was car, plus get pointers on driving and setup from people with the same car. It always seemed like there were a ton of miatas locally, so there you go. . . miata it is!

I'm hoping to pick something up for STS since I hate the stock ride height. I'm guessing that the 2012 season will be spent getting owned in ES, though, unless I can find a set of used R-Comps (and a spare set of wheels) dirty cheap. In the meantime I can start collecting parts and installing those that are ES legal, then prep it for STS for 2013 once I have the car where I want it. (So, initially, probably just go with exhaust and maintenance on anything needed, possibly pick up a set of R-Comps for the season and then give them to my dad, who lovingly purchased a white 90 with 30k original miles last summer, most likely to rub it in my face that he got one and I didn't.)

See less See more
#6 ·
Undergrad is Business Administration; Master's is Economics.

I had a '98 318 Ti Sport, which had the much better suspension (and looks, IMO.)

LOVVVVVED this car. It was my baby and kept CONSTANTLY spotless.

I have a 87 Fiero GT that was to be my temporary autoX car, but it handles like garbage. Racing it left me frustrated (auto, 70s designed suspension, blah blah blah.)

Another photo of the Ti. . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.