ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm working on setting up a route for an S2000 drive on S2ki.com, and I'm pretty interested in making it a Roadster drive, not just an S2k one. I'm still working on the details with regards to times, but we know for certain it's going to be on the 16th of September, and will cover a bunch of NW Oregon.

Anyone here interested in coming with? I'll update this as details get solidified, but if you're interested, it'll be the 16th of September, and is going to follow the following route:

Hillsboro-Scappoose-Catskanie-Astoria-Vernonia-Banks.

At the end of the drive, we're going to be stopping at Sunset Speedway for the final race of the season there. We've got the VIP box booked, for a 20.00 charge per person for those who care to stay. This includes a meal ticket though, so it about balances out. Figured this beats sitting at a pizza joint BSing post-drive though!

If anyone is interested in the nuts/bolts details for now, there's info up at: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=414051 and as I mentioned above, once I come up with an actual time to meet, I'll post the finalized plans here too... I just wanted everyone who's interested to keep the day open. :)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sriracha, Ben, are you two thinking you'll make it for the drive, and the races afterwards or just the race? Just need to make arrangements with the track. :)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everything is final, and at S2ki in that link I sent. :)

Sorry I forgot to bump the post (eek!)

Meet at the Starbucks on Cornelius Pass Rd in Hillsboro. Take the Cornelius Pass South exit, and it's in the parking lot of the Fred Meyer on your right. :) Be there at 11am. :)

I'm at work, I'll bump this post when things slow down.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I am still unsure as to the location of the Sarbucks we are meeting at. can you post directions say starting from 26W?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah. Absolutely. :)

Take the Cornelius Pass South exit from 26W, go straight through the first light, and take a right at the 2nd light. (Imbrie Dr) and it's in the parking lot of the Fred Meyer on your right, attached to the side of the Fred Meyer.

I need to throw the routemap up on here as well, will do that once I get to work.

It's REALLY easy to find. :)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is the plan: (PM me if you want my phone number)

Meeting location at 11am on Saturday 9-16-2006: Starbucks Parking lot. Address to this Starbucks is:
22075 NW Imbrie Drive
Hillsboro, OR 97124
We will be leaving around noon or whenever we have everyone there.

Map of Route below!

Meeting/collection location in Astoria: Let me know if you have a better meeting location in Astoria. I suggest we meet up at Astoria Middle school. It is right next to Shively Park. The address for Astoria Middle school is:
1100 Klaskanine Ave
Astoria, OR 97103

Sunset Speedway in Banks Oregon: Sunset Speedway is in the Sunset Park grounds. The address for the Speedway are:
485 S Main Street
Banks, OR 97106

All of the addresses listed above are CORRECT in Mapquest. I will bring maps printed out to the Starbucks meeting point to pass out.

Track Info:
So for the VIP booth at Sunset Speedway it will be $20 a head. There is a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 25 people allowed in the booth so if there are more of us then that it will be first come first serve. It has a great view of the entire track and is right above the concession and beer. I am also trying to get a VIP parking area for us because it does get a little dusty out there. We do not HAVE TO do the VIP booth but it is a good way to keep the group together. The admission to the track is $12 so for $8 more you get really good seats.

Again, the food will be provided which will include a meal ticket. The ticket will be good for a food item and a soda or water. The food menu includes burgers, hot dogs, nachos, beer dogs, chili, popcorn, candy, chips and philly cheese steaks. Beverages include soda, water and BEER(domestic).

If there is any details I left out please let me know!!!

This will all be happening on Saturday, September 16th. We will meet at 11:00am. The drive is about 5 hours long. The races start at around 6:00pm if you can't make the drive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts