ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All info will be posted here so it can be easily found.
I wanted to put together one cohesive thread with info for ongoing meets, autox schedule, tech days and fun runs. If you have something you want me to link to in this first post PM me and I will be glad to put it up.

With any of the events posted here all we ask is that you be respectful of the organizers and the locations. This means no burnouts, no leaving garbage behind and in general no douchebaggery. We are all here to have fun and meet other enthusiasts.

Ongoing meets!

This is a weekly meet that I had a part in putting together back in 2006 when I drove a Mazda 3. It has since grown into a community of mainly speed3 owners with a few of us that have moved onto new things (myself and vasken included).

Day and time: Thursdays starting around 7pm

Another weekly meet!
A thread for another ongoing meet that is put on by the RX guys can be found here. It is also held on Thursday nights and is also in queens.

Future meets!
No I do not own a time machine.​

This section will be updated with any upcoming meets.

GCC Cargasm Meet
Date: Tuesday June 5th

Bear Mountain Meet and cruise
Date: Saturday June 9th

Autox!!
Get your learn on!​
If any of the following dates are incorrect let me know.

If you have never autocrossed before and want some helpful tips Vasken is an instructor and he is always looking to get
some new blood out on the pavement shoot him a PM!

Great site to check out if you are thinking about getting into autox.

NYR-SCCA (Nassau Col Lot 8)
Facebook Page
Sunday April 22, 2012
Sunday May 6, 2012
Saturday June 16, 2012
Saturday July 7, 2012
Sunday July 22, 2012
Sunday August 19, 2012
Sunday September 16, 2012
Saturday October 27, 2012
Sunday October 28, 2012

NNJR-SCCA (Metlife Stadium)
April 7 - Test & Tune - Novice School
April 14 - Points
May 5 - Points - Evo Challange School
May 12 - Points
June 2 - Points - Evo Teen driving school
July 28 - Points
August 4 - Points
September 1 - Ponts - Novice/Intermediate School
September 29 - Points
October 6 - Points
October 20 - Points

NY Metro PCA
Tobay Beach:
March 11
March 25
April 15
Nassau Coliseum:
April 29
May 20
June 9 – Autocross School
June 10
July 8 - Teen Driving Program
July 15
August 12
September 9
September 30
Tobay Beach:
October 21
November 4
November 18

NYR BMW Club of America (Nassau Col Lot 8)
Facebook Page
March 24th Saturday
April 15th Sunday
May 5th Saturday
June 2nd Saturday
June 24th Sunday
July 14th Saturday Teen Street Survival *Tentative*
July 29th Sunday
August 5th Sunday Adult Safety Class *Tentative*
August 26th Sunday
September 8th Saturday
September 29th Saturday
October 7th Sunday
October 14th Sunday Season Finale

Motorsport Northeast(All events as Meadowlands/Metlife stadium)
March 25th
April 29th
June 8th
June 17th
July 15th
August 3rd (School AM / Autox PM)
August 12th
September 2nd

Poughkeepsie Sports Car Club(Milton, NY?)
April 29th
May 20th
June 24th
August 5th
September 9th
October 14th

Westchester Sports Car Club(Provident Bank Park, Pomona NY)
April 15th
TBA...

Tech/Install days:
This will mainly be installs but with every wrench turned on your car you are bound to learn something new.​

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks Tony.

Lets have a tech day at my house, who needs to do stuff to their car? I'm doing brakes saturday night and getting my car ready for meadowlands if anybody wants to stop by?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am set on working on my car for now. haha if you want get me some info and I will post it up about sat night. I have a birthday to celebrate so I will be bowing out.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Oh, I wasn't looking to host a tech day on saturday night but I would be interested in hosting one if anybody has something to do that could be completed in a day. If anybody did want to stop by they can private message for address.

Would anybody be interested in trying to get a group rate with a club to attend a track day?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
BOUT TIME!!! :woolery:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Also,

I want to do hybrid motor mount setup (Mazdacomp on driverside, MMR on passenger side). Would anybody be interested in going half on the MMR Motormounts since they are sold in pairs?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BOUT TIME!!! :woolery:
What now?! You bite your tongue!

Also,

I want to do hybrid motor mount setup (Mazdacomp on driverside, MMR on passenger side). Would anybody be interested in going half on the MMR Motormounts since they are sold in pairs?
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to run the two different mounts?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Mawning ya'll

T-dawg what if it rains later? :eek: You guys still meet up downstairs?

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Pre-registration is open for the May 6th NYCSCCA event at the coliseum.
You have three options:
1. Preregister and pay on site that morning.
2. Preregister and prepay online. You save $5. If you end up not going, the payment can be used for a future event.
3. Register and pay that morning on site.

Please try to pre-reg if you are considering going. It helps us organize things better. Its easier to erase people than to add people. Thanks.

Link: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index..../uidEvent/A30295B0-FE57-F548-DC13825EB039199D

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hey Vasken,

I am trying to figure out how to apply my SCCA weekend pass to a full year membership... John mentioned that you can apply the 15 dollars to the annual membership so i can cut down cost. Do you have any idea?

·
Registered
755 Posts
To be honest, I don't know but I'm sure if you call and register over the phone with a person that the will be able to assist you. Also don't forget to say u were referred. You get a discount. Here is my member # just in case: 395423.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hey guys. Appreciate the hospitality yesterday. I spot with a few RX's guys yesterday from our Flushing Meadows Meet (dull turn out due to weather). We are all down to check out Douglaston for the next coming Thursday meet.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds good! Hopefully the weather is better and we can get a decent turn out.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
T-dawg did you find out where that dude posts the pics up at?!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Just decided I am doing my first track day with the miata on Saturday, June 16 at Lime Rock Park, CT with Eastern Mountain Racing Assc (EMRA). Its technically a Time Trial but they offer a TT school so you get an instructor and class time.

Total coast is $350.
Registration link:http://www.motorsportreg.com/index..../uidEvent/A5F4456E-C41F-A9CE-5D16C5BEDBCE5DFF

I hear Lime Rock is a great track for beginners and experience drivers love it too. A few of my friends (non Miata) will be going as well and they are familiar with the track and the club.

Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Vasken. Why aren't you at meadowlands.

Also, if you haven't ran with EMRA they are offering a first timer incentive. pm me for details

1 - 20 of 124 Posts