ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the situation.

I get off of work late, drop a few things into my trunk. Jump in the driver's seat. Stick the key in the igintion and I hear the lovely "door ajar" buzz. Close the door, step on clutch. Nothing.

Odd.

Take out the key. Step on clutch. Put in key. Turn. Nothing.

Odd.

Open door. There's no buzzing anymore. Now I'm thinking that this just isnt good. Perhaps my laptop in the truck hit the battery? I have another box in there right now so it's a possibility. I pop the trunk, jiggle the battery connectors, then jump back into the car.

Lo and behold, it starts right up like nothing had happened. However, now my radio clock is off and all my presets are gone. So something definitely happened. Perhaps the battery connector somehow loosened when I tossed the box and other stuff in the truck. Or perhaps it was something else.

Any thoughts? I should go down to the garage and check the battery connectors, I suppose.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Well, it looks easy enough to replace the negative connection although I havent replaced mine yet. Mines all jacked up and I cant tighten it anymore but I would tighten yours if you could.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts