ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Enlarged Member
461 Posts
Is Nakamichi still available in the US?

Last time I used Nak stuff, I had some serious warranty issues. That was probably back in 2003, and they had pretty much pulled out of the US.

I heard there was still somebody bringing it in from Canadian Land, but I went ahead and moved back to Alpine stuff.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Nice looking unit, but dang that's pricey!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
u can always rock a newer toyota/scion one.. they have mp3 ready.. and ipod integration..
u can find one used for cheap on ebay.. all u need is a toyota pigtail and some wire connectors

·
Registered
551 Posts
Clarion cx609e. I've been looking at this radio since I got my car.
I have the CX609 and it's very nice. Only problem I have with it is that everytime it connects with my phone (like after turning on the car), it automatically switches to Bluetooth mode and I'd have to change it back to whatever I was listening to. Otherwise I love this headunit. Doors be rattling with stock speakers :fab:

·
Registered
605 Posts
It's actually a '96.5-'97 NA part, not an NB part, but it'll work on an NB that originally had a double DIN (if you originally had a single DIN you'd have a plastic spacer).

The '97 parts catalog calls it just BRACKET... NB38-66-9B1.

·
Registered
371 Posts
AVH-P3100DVD
Might not quite be an OEM look, but I don't think it detracts from the overall look. Light adjustable, touch screen. I use it for ipod movies and music mainly. Picked it up on ebay for 180 shipped, which there were quite a few to choose from.

One drown in flash:
I have this exact unit in my 05 corolla. And payed way more than 180 for it but this is an awsome unit.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
No but I have played with both the 610 and the 810.

The 610 my only complaint is the color adjustment is a button so you know people are going **** with it.

I am a kenwood excelon guy. Had my issues with other brands but I really like the 810.
I have only played with it at best buy. But the sound adjustment allow you to set high pass and low pass for each high mid and low.

Plus seperatly for the sub. So even with just the best buy speakers I got it sounding very good.
It is what I plan on putting in my miata. Looks oem with the color adjusted. Has gd radio blue tooth.
All that jazz plus it has enouph ass for just some regular components without running an amp.

I want one just haven't been worried about the miata stereo. But I hate hate hate my nose.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It does look pretty good! I'm non-Bose, and I do wonder what this would do with near OEM speakers and no extra amp or subs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
pretty much the most "OEM" appearance head units you can get are made by becker. brilliant sound quality and they are were for a long time the OEM supplier to porsche and Mercedes.

you will probably need to scour ebay to find one as pretty sure they have moved into navigation only now, but here are a couple of examples.

this one was designed specifically for old retro cars - looks old school but features MP3 from SD card, iPod connection, navigation and bluetooth handsfree amongst other stuff:

another one which is more suited to the NB though would probably be this. the becker grand prix. the pictured version has VW illumination (code grand prix 7992) but there are versions in other colours as well:

grand prix 7991: yellow porsche illumination
grand prix 7993: standard green illumination (probably the version you want for an NB)
and another code which i forget which is the same red illumination as bmw

sound quality is awesome, features bluetooth, MP3, line outs for external amps and a bunch more stuff.

a lot of SQ and very well known and used in the audio industry. :)

21 - 40 of 50 Posts