ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to turbo my 1.6. It has an oil leak, so I was going to go ahead and replace all the gaskets in the engine, to keep from more leaks in the future. (hopefully) And I suppose I should go ahead and put ARP headstuds while I' at it.

I want to do this as cheap as possible, but I don't want shitty gaskets that are only going to last for a few thousand miles. With that in mind, does anybody have any experience with gasket kits? Please try to post the link, and your experiences.

I don't have a problem spending what needs to be spent, just need to know what I can get away with. It really irritates me spending money on this since its a stock motor, and it'll probably blow up anyways.

I tried to search for a thread like this, but didn't find one that went into good enough detail for me.
Thought about getting this kit.
http://www.dashzracing.com/90-93-Mazda-MX5-Miata-1-6-Dohc-B6E-Full-Gasket-Set.html

Also considering a cometic head gasket.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think I'll go ahead and get the kit you have linked honestly. I've been looking to fix my oil leak by replacing all of the seals and gaskets as well. Unless someone knows of a better kit.

·
Supporting Mamber
3,672 Posts
I hate to admit this but I got a 33$ eBay kit that had all gaskets for the top end with a head gasket. It's been great for a few years now.

·
Supporting Member
2,284 Posts
Have gotten several complete engine sets from auction site vendor...Mizumo auto...including the one used for my son's turbo build...no issues whatsoever...careful assembly is the key...his turbo motor did 240rwhp...on a stock bottom end...too bad he had to sell it to pay his tuition bill...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts