ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who here knows the weight of the oem 90-93 cat back exhaust?

i'm planning on switching in the racing beat exhaust (no suprise there)

but i actually like the look of the stock exhaust, and i would assume it is very light.

also, the stock exhaust isn't really all that restrictive (is it?).

The RB exhaust is made of all stainless steel construction, and i'm worried it might be a little on the heavy side.

comments or suggestions anyone?

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
A timely question for me. I see all the threads about the audible characteristics of the various after-market exhausts, but very little on their performance gains (no matter how small) i.e. weight and hp gains.

I am considering the RB cat-back as well, but mostly because I want their header.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes the RB PP cat back is slightly heavier than The stock. I love mine anyway.

EDIT: And I think the reason nobody ever talks about the powergains is because we dont want to think about how we spent 3-400$ on an exaust note with no noticable performance increase. I personally think the note is worth the $300 I spent.

·
Supporting Member
830 Posts
I've heard that the Borla is the lightest bolt-on exhaust
Borla may be lighter, but that exhaust drones like mad on the highway. I sold mine for the RB PP exhaust and could not be happier. Does not drone like the Borla , and has a nice sound. Plus the tip looks nicer than the stock one.
I have heard that the Bosal exhaust system is supposed to be pretty good for a daily driver, but I do not know personally...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts