ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i pick this beast up from teh junk yard today for 25 bucks. It's off of a turbo deisel. it is perfect, nothing wrong with it. so it's got good boost at low rpms. i think. well i test fitted it to just drool over it. i cant wait till it's in. but first i need to rebuild and get a clutch.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Nice. Good luck with the home brew turbo. So long as you keep it around 5-6psi you should be fine with the stock intake crossover pipe and no intercooler. You may want to invest in a turbo boost gauge so you can adjust your wastegate.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Invest in boost gauge: Sound advice.

·
Registered
405 Posts
And make sure that your desiel turbo can survive the exaust temperatures your petrol powered motor can put out. I know some of them are made with metals that are not made to be that hot.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
man...my sig is hawt...u guys are just jellous. lol
middleschool? man please im in high school getting all the chick with my sig. lol

yea i'll check up on the temp stuff, but it'll be awhile before it is good to go on my car.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
man...my sig is hawt...u guys are just jellous. lol
middleschool? man please im in high school getting all the chick with my sig. lol
Your English teacher should be fired :lol:
srry im pert ov tha south bossier school system.

my english teacher never told me of proofreading ok. lol jk
i dont proofread.

u guys are just dogging my sig because i'm hawt and u didn't think of doing a sexy pose on the hood of ur car. me and my car buddies have fun when we have photoshoot. plus im trying out to be the 1st male car model too.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
u guys are just dogging my sig because i'm hawt and u didn't think of doing a sexy pose on the hood of ur car. me and my car buddies have fun when we have photoshoot. plus im trying out to be the 1st male car model too.
looking sexy on cut springs =D>

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
/\ /\ /\ im detecting some sarcasm. lol it does help alot with handling and rides decent. and it didn't cost me a dime. =)

but i just did that till i get coils

i know u are just kidding. i am to.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm about to start my actual install. A few suggestions:

1. Upgrade your suspension first. Get a set of stock springs and Konis to start. Add GC coilovers and shorter bumpstops when you have the money.
2. Start by adding 30% to your budget. I figured I'd spend just under $3k on my entire setup; it's turned out to be a little over $4k.
3. Invest in gauges. Boost is a MUST. I've got boost, oil temp, wideband, and EGT. IMO, these are all necessary if you intend to tune the car yourself. You can probably forego oil temp if the car is just a street beast, but if you want to hit the track get a nice oil temp gauge.
4. Get an intercooler. It literally adds around $150 or so to the setup and it is so much safer. There's really no reason not to.
5. When you are ready for big power, invest. Don't **** around with timing controllers, fuel pressure, etc. Order a standalone (MS PnP is around $850 with a knock sensor and a GM IAT sensor), get a good wideband, and tune it right.
6. BUILD YOUR MOTOR NOW. You've blown it up, so now is the perfect time to get some better internals in there. At bare minimum, ditch the stock rods for some Belfab rods. Belfab just came out as the cheapest rods for the Miafa motors by far. They've been doing high-horsepower Hondas for years so their **** is supposed to be good. Pair that with some $500 Wiesco pistons if you've got the cash, make sure you change your rod bolts, and consider doing some headwork since it's off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts