ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its the first time i am puting the car on the dyno since the engine swap and turbo install tommorow. Been working hard with a friend to get the ignition maps just right. i'll post the results soon. Still got some parts to fit and fuel to trim but it will be interesting to see were we are 8)

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
This thread is worthless with out pictures!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good figures! personally i would've expected more out of the kit u got! you got a FM2 right?
Well i still have a crap 2 inch N/a Cat Back which is holding me back a bit so i have not bothered tuning it properly until the Fm Duals arrive. No point really as i will have to start tuning again once i have them on. I know that i am running rich as i have a wideband 02 display in the car. Down to 10.9 AFR on full boost but its better to be a bit rich than lean. Once i get chance complete tuning i would expect maybe 230-240 bhp. The thing with dynos is different dynos are different and the same dynos can be different on different days. Thats how it is. A stock Mk2.5 car was about 15bhp down on that dyno so maybe i am running 210bhp who knows?
One thing i know is that i ran one of the, it not the fastest the fastest 1/4 mile times for a roadster this year and on that day i was only running 8 psi and got a 14.66 1/4.
I was also the Fastest Car 0-60 0-100 in the JTuner Thrash Photoshoot so maybe its not so bad. I will post some pics and more details this weekend

·
Registered
27 Posts
14.66 please i think the record is 10 something lean that bitch out abit and get some of your power back 10-1 is excesive. try 12-1.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
14.66 please i think the record is 10 something lean that bitch out abit and get some of your power back 10-1 is excesive. try 12-1.
Perhaps i should have added that this is in the UK for a roadster this year. The Mx5/Miata/Roadster was never going to be a popular drag car and as such nobody to my knowledge has ever ran into the 12's or even 13's in the UK due to the expense and hassle in acheiving low ET's with this car when you can buy other cars that can do it easier for a lot less money. Rember there are only 3 main Dragstrips in the UK and even on big Jap car meets you may only get 1 or 2 roadsters on the strip. The car was built for the twisty's rather than going straight. :wink: Drag meets are some thing i attend maybe once or twice a year.

·
Registered
441 Posts
somone once had a 13 second run in a JR and nos'd car.. it soon blew its engine up though...

14 is good for a mx5 over here, if people want a drag car over here they tend to buy a fast car to start with skyline etc...

most powerfull 5 is proberly trackteks 2.0 or somones mk2 which is over 300hp but he has never run it to my knowlage down the strip.

in uk the mx5 has a big stigma of hairdresser attached to it and thus most 'manly' men wont touch them, which is good because real drivers can enjoy them :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
wow.... no shiznit!.... gives me a good idea of my numbers at 6psi..... I ran a 14.7 @ 99.8mph a few weeks ago.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts