ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This year marks the 50th Anniversary of the Rolex 24 at Daytona, race weekend is January 26-29, 2012

DIS is promoting an exclusive Mazda Car Corral at this years Rolex 24hr Race, and a (Marlon, volunteer) organizer of many successful Mazda car corrals around the country is involved with making this Mazda corral one of the best.

Here is the official info available now:
TWO-DAY GRANDSTAND & INFIELD TICKET - $45 January 28-29
- Two-day unreserved grandstand & infield ticket with garage access
- Rolex 24 50th Anniversary hat with Mazda Logo*
*To receive the hat, tickets need to be purchased by 01/01/12
- Exclusive Mazda corral parking behind the Frontstretch grandstands, with easy access to the infield trams
-Add Friday general admission for $15
This $45 offer is a 50% savings, because the regular 2-day ticket does not include garage access + you have reserved parking with other Mazda cars.
FRIDAY INFIELD PACKAGE - $35 - January 27 only
- Mazda corral inside DIS infield on Friday, January 27
- Infield admission with garage access on Friday​
The good stuff:
- Goody Bags for the first 400 corral participants/attendees
- One case of Castrol Edge Titanium Oil to the first 50 attendees
- Access to Grass Roots Mototrsports hospitality tent all weekend including paddock tours (access excludes GRM food events)
- Spin the Wheel Prize Game
- Portable Dyno!! 2 pulls for $20 with all proceeds going to charity. (Dyno will be infield on Friday)
Mazda Car Corral sponsored Mazda, Mazdaspeed, Castrol, & Grass Roots Motorsports Magazine.

This ticket package is actually already available for purchase, to purchase online click here: Exclusive Mazda car corral offer (see flyer below), or call 1-8666-500-TIXX and just indicate the 45$ Mazda corral package advertised on their website here: Special Car corral offers

I have no financial affiliation with DIS or any of the potential sponsors of this car corral or race event, I simply want to ensure all my Mazda brothers and sisters have a place to have fun at this years Rolex 24 :cool:

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
> Rolex 24 tickets will also get you into the "Roar before the 24" January 6-8

+ David Wallens from GRM is arranging a get together at the speedway, Saturday @ Noon, that includes a garage tour, he has contacted a few of the teams to arrange visits with them.

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
should be fun!!

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New information to add also added to first post:
The good stuff:
- Access to Grass Roots Mototrsports hospitality tent all weekend including paddock tours (access excludes GRM food events)
- Portable Dyno!! 2 pulls for $20 with all proceeds going to charity. (Dyno will be infield on Friday)
Mazda Car Corral sponsored Mazda, Mazdaspeed, Castrol, & Grass Roots Motorsports Magazine.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
One of those times I wished I didn't live in cali

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New information to add also added to first post:
The good stuff:

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for anyone coming in from out of town and needing a place to stay, GRM posted this earlier this morning:

"We have another hotel offering GRM readers a discount during the Rolex 24 At Daytona weekend. The Country Inn and Suites, 5802 Journeys End Way, Port Orange, Florida, which just opened in December, is offering GRM readers a special rate of $149 a night (with no minimum). Just call (386) 760-0101 and ask for the Grassroots Motorsports rate. This hotel is only 7 miles from Daytona International Speedway."

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
To answer a few questions that have come up:
Q: Can I park my car in the mazda corral if I didn't drive my mazda?
A: No.*

Q: Can a non Mazda car also use the mobile dyno?
A: Yes, the Castrol mobile dyno is open to all makes and models

Q: Do the Mazda corrals participants get to do parade laps on the track?
A: No. But it is something we hope to be able to offer in the future

Q: Is camping allowed in the car corral?
A: No. However we are attempting to secure a camping plot for mazda corral participants. Since the corral is actually outside the track and essentially open to the public I do not think you would want to even if you could.​
Hope that helps :cool:

*Oooops, had to change that to "No"... We received word from Daytona International Speedway management late this afternoon:
If they are not driving the OEM makes of the corral, they will not be able to park in the corral area. Each package consists of an admission ticket and garage pass as well as a car pass. If they do not drive their Mazda, they will need to park in another location,
sorry about that :(

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update from a conversation with Grand Am management today: There is a maximum of 350 available car corral spots for all (seven) of the available car corrals. If you wish to park in the Mazda corral, buy your ticket as soon as you can to guarantee a spot. Total car corral ticket sales are up to about 200, Corvette corral is over 100 already and Mazda comes in at 33.

For you procrastinators you can still buy a corral ticket at the gate on Saturday, however there is no guarantee you will get a spot in the corral if the 350 car limit has been reached. You can still participate in a ll the Mazda Castrol car corral experience activities (see first post) though you will have to park in general parking.

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
not enough hellaslamhellapokehellacamber

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
not enough hardparking

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
maybe it too close to the track even thought it is outside the track :hello kitty:

Corral tickets are nearly gone if not gone by now. As of this morning Mazda corral tickets were up to 55, so not too bad!

Hardparking
The act of owning a Japanese car riddled with roll cages/high-end race suspension/expensive forged wheels, and never taking it to the track. These people frequent places like appearance/cosmetic forums, and can often be found arguing about rotas and other parts that they don't do **** with anyway.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I cant wait for this race. Since the last F1 race theres been a few touring car and GT races on Speed. |time for some endurance. This marks the official start of racing season for me.

·
Cheyyyaaa
1,389 Posts
I have a drift event during the day on the 28th, may not have enough energy/time to head over there, but maybe if I get a ride.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you know it G! Too bad we'll have to wait nearly two months before we get Sebring

(There should be a car corral for Sebring too, keep your eyes open for info on that as soon as Rolex24 is over ;) )

1 - 20 of 44 Posts