ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Herpity Derpity
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K so lets dedicate this thread to arranging, planning and actually following through with local meetups for Chicagoland CR.net peoples. Big, small, w/e it goes here.

Maybe we should start with designating local spots that are great to meet at in the first place?

I really liked Shane's(hooked_on4) spot where we met up before. Though I can't remember for the life of me how to get back there again.

I also like the idea of meeting up near the Shed aquarium and Soldier field. It's a good midway point between all of us on the south/north side.

I hope we can get some meets in before snowfall! :whistle:

·
Herpity Derpity
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Deal. LOL. I will be there. As two miatas, we stand stong! FOR SPARTAAAA!! lol.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a rather large group of mazda friends, I can update post here whenever we have a large gathering coming up. Although lately there has not been much going on.

·
Supporting Member
2,089 Posts
Saturday the 9th? **** YEAH!

I finally have a day off when there is a meet. :cry2:

(Sweet part is I was supposed to work, but got the day off for working Sunday instead)

How long are you guys going to be there?

·
Herpity Derpity
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey if you have mazda friends, invite em.

The only thing I can see meeting up at 2ish that would be an issue is cops messing with us. Usually late at night they don't care because there's not much traffic. But a Saturday afternoon I dunno. They might mess with us. Especially if there's like a football game or concert or something. That's why I think later in the evening like 8ish might be nice.

I dunno what do you think guys?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have been kicked out of the parking lots near there a few times late at night. They don't really do much other then ask you to leave though. There is a Dominick's near by there that is open 24/7 and has bathrooms that are open late (just about everywhere else tells you to **** off if you need to piss).

·
Herpity Derpity
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been kicked out of the parking lots near there a few times late at night. They don't really do much other then ask you to leave though. There is a Dominick's near by there that is open 24/7 and has bathrooms that are open late (just about everywhere else tells you to **** off if you need to piss).
Hmmm that sounds good. You mean this Dominick's?

We can all meet up there, then roll over to the museum for a photo op?

O and we can make this an open invite, so if you all are on any other forums feel free to let people know.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hmmm that sounds good. You mean this Dominick's?

We can all meet up there, then roll over to the museum for a photo op?

O and we can make this an open invite, so if you all are on any other forums feel free to let people know.
That seems like a sound idea.

Are we partial to any specific time of day/Night?

·
Herpity Derpity
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would rather it be like 8pm or later. I have friends that would be down to come but work till 7-8ish. I, myself will most likely be there around 8: 30pm.

·
Herpity Derpity
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awe man you can still come out. You dont haaave to be in your miata.

Ok so anyways guys. Saturday Oct. 9th @ the Dominick's off South Canel Street. I'll be there around 8: 30 PM. Hope to see the rest of you there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I think meeting during the day is a much better idea. You can drive with the top down and check everyone's cars out a lot better and if you want to take some photos the lighting will be better. but that's just my thoughts.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts