1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most Current News: 1/5/2011

The KISS model is now available. See the preorder thread for details:

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=40725

Official weights for two (2) of the three (3) our proposed doorcard kits (KISS and Dibond) vs. the OEM doorcard components has been recorded. Full aluminum doorcard kit will be officially weighed soon. Note that this comparison includes the weight of the every part that is required for each installation, i.e. to install one of the !n-joy doorcards, you are replacing/removing the following OEM parts associated with one (1) OEM doorcard:
  • NA6 vinyl-cardboard lower doorcard and associated plastic fasteners
  • NA6 speaker grill cover and associated plastic fasteners
  • NA6 door handle/armrest and associated OEM screws
Replacing the one (1) OEM doorcard is one of the following !n-joy doorcard kits for NA6/NA8 Miatas (1990-97):

• !n-joy KISS doorcard kit
    • NA6/NA8 (1990-97) Miata KISS lower doorcard
    • 9 stainless steel buttonhead screws
  • !n-joy Dibond doorcard kit
    • NA6/NA8 (1990-97) Miata Dibond lower doorcard
    • 9 stainless steel buttonhead screws
Results:
  • OEM doorcard components that the former kit replaces: 44.0 oz
  • !n-joy K.I.S.S. doorcard kit for NA6/NA8 1990-97 Miatas total weight: 24.5 oz
  • !n-joy Dibond doorcard kit: 42.4 oz
Photos of the KISS model:

Photos of the Dibond model and possible colors:

Archived News: 12/7/2010
As seen as in our "!n-the-Works" webpage on our website: http://injoycarlife.com/in-the-works.php

NA (1990-97) and NB (1999-2005) Miata Doorcards

Shown here are the first looks of our upcoming product release for NA (1990-97) Miatas. An NB (1999-2005) Miata version of the doorcards will follow the development of the NA version. STAY TUNED to this page for updates on this product's development.

The proposed features and options are:

• Two available types of materials: high-quality powdercoated full aluminum or lightweight gel-coated aluminum-ABS composite
  • Perforated holes can be cut for customers who still have door speakers installed
  • All OEM holes for either NA6 (1990-93) or NA8 (1994-97) Miatas are cut by default
  • Custom options by request: blanking out some/all OEM holes or cutting custom holes
  • NA version is just the doorcards themselves and mate to the top portion of the OEM door trim
  • NB version will have our own bespoke-designed top portion of the door trim to go with the doorcards

·
Registered
330 Posts
Would these create any kind of buzz and taps or clanks.. being metal on a metal door..? I love this... just curious if they make any noise at all.

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would these create any kind of buzz and taps or clanks.. being metal on a metal door..? I love this... just curious if they make any noise at all.
We don't know yet as we still need to test these on Miatas while driving. If you are concerned about noise, there's the lightweight aluminum-ABS composite material option that I'm sure won't have problems with noise.

·
Hardparker Extraordinaire
3,388 Posts
Will the NB door cards work with the tops of NA doorpanels?

in for NB version with onl holes for speakers & door handle/lock area :)

·
I <3 CR
1,050 Posts
Will the NB door cards work with the tops of NA doorpanels?

No, we are working on a completely new top section for the NB door panels. we don't really like how the NA door pads meet up to the NB dash. Our version will flow into the curves of the dash .

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
i am very into this idea.

As i will wrap them with some kind of material.

But for sound just dynomat or some sound deadening stuff to the back side of it.

im thinking diamond stick tan in my 01 se

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
That is looking good, very looking forward to the NB version!

Just a side question, when you guys design the top portion for the NB, any way to gain 1/2'' or even just 3/8'' space at the door? I am sure many of us running a bucket would appreciate just a little more space there so we don't have to mutiliate our bucket to fit into the roadster

Oh yea, a nicely placed leather door pull would be nice too =)

Keep up the good work! I was going to design my own until I saw that you guys are working on it

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
You people really don't want me to get new tires do ya? Too many wonderful items coming out.

In for prices and shipping!

Line the mating surface with a thin sticky foam, like double-sided foam tape (with only one side pulled)

1 - 20 of 288 Posts