ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 288 Posts

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
i was going to build my own but if the price is nice ill get some, most likely when you do the first run as i start my new job in montana on the 13th
We don't know when the first run will be done and available for sale, but we are currently specing out the hardware and pricing and hope to get it available ASAP.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Alright i Cannot Wait for the NB version. Are they going to have Holes for the Tweaters Too? If Not i do not care. But either Way i am taking a vote for the name for these doorcards.

They Should be Called SexOnYoFace Doorcards.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
damn! nice guys!

as for the whole sound issue i think thin rubber washers on the backside of the bolts that go into the door itself would deaden it?

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
here they are.

It's so sexy, it should be illegal.

Ladies and gentlemen, these are NA aluminum-ABS composite type material we've been talking about, basically lightweight ABS core sandwiched in between two very thin sheets of color-coated aluminum. And yes, there will be a black one too and possibly other colors as well.

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
damn! nice guys!

as for the whole sound issue i think thin rubber washers on the backside of the bolts that go into the door itself would deaden it?
The sound problem that people are thinking about only refers to the powdercoated full-aluminum versions of the doorcards. Talking to Leon about it, most of the sound will actually be from the center of the doorcards acting like a drum from the vibrations from the car. The attachment points will be neglectable as the bolts attaching the full-aluminum doorcards will be on tight on the flat portions of the door surface. This is all conjecture at this point as we need to still field test the full-aluminum versions. Regardless, Leon and I have a solution for this and it will involve deadening the vibrations in the center of the doorcards with taped-up foam.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The sound problem that people are thinking about only refers to the powdercoated full-aluminum versions of the doorcards. Talking to Leon about it, most of the sound will actually be from the center of the doorcards acting like a drum from the vibrations from the car. The attachment points will be neglectable as the bolts attaching the full-aluminum doorcards will be on tight on the flat portions of the door surface. This is all conjecture at this point as we need to still field test the full-aluminum versions. Regardless, Leon and I have a solution for this and it will involve deadening the vibrations in the center of the doorcards with taped-up foam.
ya i meant the full aluminum ones, ah i see, it would flex amplifying sound in the door? BTW will there be a poly version or something similar to a dash material be an optional finish? Well whatever the result i'm sure i'll be buying some, nice product guys.

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
BTW will there be a poly version or something similar to a dash material be an optional finish? Well whatever the result i'm sure i'll be buying some, nice product guys.
Yes, there is the ABS-aluminum composite version as shown a couple of posts ago, and most likely a black one for sure.

·
Registered
448 Posts
_REALLY_ looking forward to the NB versions now :D
Hopefully I wont get raped by shipping to Norway...
(Atleast, I can hope...)...

-n

21 - 40 of 288 Posts