ClubRoadster.net banner

29801 - 29820 of 29843 Posts

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,927 Posts
It's fun to be the moving apex at skip day. I suggest you do it...

I'm still watching for a skip day at ORP that works with my schedule and my wife's idea of our pocketbook. Hopefully she forgets that I'll need an alignment and a few other things before then...

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I'm too slow. :cry:
I think you'll be fast enough. Sure there's a slightly different crowd that shows up at PIR but Luke and Kev were the fastest cars on track last week out at ORP and that was in a field of GT4's a few 911's and a corvette that was having a hard time with point by's. You have enough track awareness to know what's coming up behind you and it's SkipDays are pass by point-by only events. I have faith that you'd do fine out there.

It's fun to be the moving apex at skip day. I suggest you do it...
=) moving apex in the straights is fun it's when THEY become the moving apex in the corners that's annoying =)

I'm still watching for a skip day at ORP that works with my schedule and my wife's idea of our pocketbook. Hopefully she forgets that I'll need an alignment and a few other things before then...
Well if something works out let us know, would be rad to do a Lounge day again.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Back in the Miata game.

I looked at a lot of low(er) mileage Miatas over the last few months that have culminated recently in a new acquisition to serve as a donor for my SR20 drivetrain. I was prepared to fly across the country and drive my next Miata home, but it turned out my GF only needed to give me a ride a few miles from my house.

1991 BRG hardtop, 2 owners, 83K miles, stock, stock, stock. For everything the car included, the maintenance, and the ease of geographic location, I got into this for a great price and still have insurance payout money to play with.

Although, I waited all of 8 days before making a few changes.

I forgot how SLOWWW a stock 1.6L Miata is.

·
8,927 Posts
lol... oh so painfully slow.

I've seen the pics on IG but no mention of what's next. Keeping it BRG, MS orange, or something else?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've seen the pics on IG but no mention of what's next. Keeping it BRG, MS orange, or something else?
I can't imagine I'll ever do a full color change again. Too much work for me these days. BRG happened to be one of the few colors that would keep me interested.

You want a black spoke wood Nardi wheel to go in that bad boy?
probably not as I'll integrate my LE speaker grills and some other chrome accents. But if you had a picture...

·
Super Moderator
6,526 Posts
Here's the recent one I was taking of the oil pressure gauge that happened to have the wheel in it. Excellent quality with an OE jdm hub.

·
8,927 Posts
Yup. Getting rid of my BRG so no reason to have things worth incremental $ on it.
So much this. Pretty sure I’ll part out what I can on my NA until it’s a decent high mileage runner. Not that I have nice things but I think I’ll make a few more dollars that way... except for dealing with the youths flaking and being dumb I’m general.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Here's the recent one I was taking of the oil pressure gauge that happened to have the wheel in it. Excellent quality with an OE jdm hub. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180813/8f73f376c6aae3c5e79d153c94165de5.jpg
Great looking wheel! I'm definitely looking for polished spokes though.

In other news, if anyone is going to Laguna Miatas, my friend is going to have the Miatabusa there and running :bouncin: Something really cool about seeing a Miata dyno with a "soft redline" of 10,000rpm

29801 - 29820 of 29843 Posts