ClubRoadster.net banner

9261 - 9280 of 29838 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Anyone have any advice/tips for decent areas to live in or near Portland? Been on the fence about moving to the pnw for a few years and since I'm almost finished with school I figured it wouldn't hurt to start gathering some more info.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,266
I'm partial to the Westside but work in inner SE. Best of both worlds I think. My commute is 15 mins on the dot with almost zero disruption in momentum. Avoiding the freeway is key.

I would avoid deep West and South. Stay as close to the city as possible and avoid having to take i5 N to work (our traffic really isn't all that bad).

West Hills, Garden Home, Multnomah Village, Johns Landing and if the budget allows NW would be killer. These pretty much put you (IMO) in a very central location with easy access to everything.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Didnt realize how far out you were andy...

With xmas coming up in a few days, should we start planning another night for mid jan?

Tues/wed night im usually down to do something before jan.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
CSTG
3,229 Posts
Andy, let me know when CSTG gets to do its first customer turbo install.

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
Yep. It's pretty nice and quiet.

And thanks for the ride, Doppelganger. Might not be good for my wallet to have gotten that ride but.... ;)
Talk about a way to make me sound like a craigslist hooker date :smile11:

lol jk

No problem man! Gives ya something to look forward to :phillyb:

·
I own Laz and you don't.
2,542 Posts
It'll be in a little while. I have a lot to do to get the chassis squared away. I like the process you suggested and will most likely be taking that route after I get the chassis and brakes sorted out.
What are you planning for the brakes Andy?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Talk about a way to make me sound like a craigslist hooker date :smile11:

lol jk

No problem man! Gives ya something to look forward to :phillyb:
:woolery:

What are you planning for the brakes Andy?
I'm thinking NB sport rear rotors + custom brackets, replaced rear calipers, rebuilt front calipers, and axxis ultimate pads front/rear for daily street application. Not quite sure what I want to do with the fronts otherwise.

·
5,990 Posts
Why not start with a complete sport brake setup? Don't forget the correct master cylinder to go with it ;)
The Wilwoods are a fantastic deal for when the time comes that you're ready to spen that much...though they're really not that much for what you get, not to mention if you were to go sport first, you can sell them pretty easily.

·
5,990 Posts
Goin to C&C Tigard in the morning. After that, I'll be working on the car a bit if anyone wants to come over and chill/lend a hand. I'm by 26 & 185th...PM me for contact info.

·
I own Laz and you don't.
2,542 Posts
Andy why do you feel the need for larger brakes I guess is my question. 1.8 brakes would seem quite adequate for a street car. Proper pads and rotors and SS lines would work well IMHO

9261 - 9280 of 29838 Posts