ClubRoadster.net banner

1021 - 1040 of 1065 Posts

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Trying my luck on this topic !

Just acquired a titanium mazdaspeed bar from yahoo auctions. 1.6kg, that's 3lb.
That's the very first one I see in Japan auctions.

Worth a qoute for sure, beautiful! :smile9: I love titanium!!

Just curious how it would hold up in the unfortunate event of a rollover because it doesn't look like it has the same anchor points as a roll bar? :dunno:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I want this so bad. Know the whereabouts of another?
Sadly nope, took me 2 years to find one :(

Just curious how it would hold up in the unfortunate event of a rollover because it doesn't look like it has the same anchor points as a roll bar? :dunno:
Those A-spec bars had 2 versions. One that bolt on the parcel shelf, and the other that goes through the parcel shelf and bolt on the chassis.
But in both cases, it's a style accessory for "racecar wannabe", nothing more :smile:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Set of 4 Tein Circuit Master Type RA:

I'm not sure if these really qualify as rare, since another CR member has a set. I found zero information online for them, so I contacted Tein directly. So JDM even the installation manual Tein sent me is only in Japanese. :haiguyths:

I made a thread in the suspension section if some future miata owner picks up a set of these and finds this post looking for information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SSR Super Shark

Imported from Japan and fully refurbished in Europe.

Size:

2x 14x7 ET+11
2x 14x6,5 ET+4
4x114,3 + changing spacers 4x100.

Unfortunatelly my Sunburst Yellow will be gone next week :cry:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
soon

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
I always wanted a pair, but only ever finding them in 4x114 always dissuaded me (not that conversions are difficult, I just prefer 'correctness'). I came across a custom rebuilt set in 4x100 once but it was like 14x11 -40, and I'm not about 'that life'

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Love these. Are you going to somehow try to adapt the beam pattern to LHD?
Good question...I'll have to see when they show up how different the beam pattern will be. I've never seen these headlights in person, so I wonder if Craft Square made these asymmetrical or not. I guess I could ask Kenjo since he had a couple pairs of these once.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Worth a qoute for sure, beautiful! :smile9: I love titanium!!

Titanium definitely isn't the ideal material used for rollover protection. Titanium is stronger than aluminum but quite a bit weaker than steel. It's a material that also flexes quite a bit. If you wanted a strong but still light roll bar, go with chromoly.

As a style piece i do still think it's pretty damn cool, and i suppose it would provide more protection than no roll bar. Just depends on how much force the bolts can stand up to.

1021 - 1040 of 1065 Posts