ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 840 Posts

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just realized, we don't have a thread dedicated to awesome finds on Yahoo auctions.

http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/

For those of you that do not know, Yahoo Auctions Japan is basically Ebay in Japan. Many times very cool and rare parts pop up on the site for sale. There are also vendors that sell regularly on the site.

There are numerous import sites, a simple google search will result in tons of hits.

Our forum sponsors Tetsuya Garage and Rev9 can also help you out if you find something you like on the auction site. They are awesome to work with.

I personally use www.importmonster/com.au or www.nengun.com to browse for parts. Their translator and parts search is easy to navigate.

Use key words like eunos, roadster, na6ce, na6c, na8c, na8, nb8, etc. Individual tuners company names work well too.

So lets post up links to interesting items we find on this site. Perhaps if we all find things that many others share interest in we could organize group buys through one of our awesome site sponsors.

Lets see what you find!

P.S. Don't post items you are going to be bidding on. That's an open invitation to a bidding war. I would have thought this would go without saying.:fp:

Also, Please do not contact me on how to use this site. I posted up all the information you need. If you can't figure it out, wait for parts to show up on tetsuya garage or rev9.

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
Good thing I have an NB or else I might big on that header........jk. I hate when I show someone an eBay auction and they get it over me.

Good luck on that stuff man

·
Supporting Member
3,007 Posts
I just spent the last hour figuring out how to use the site.

·
I have the sack you want to ride.
4,639 Posts
i swear to god, if i get wind of anyone bidding on **** that i want, i will kill you
If we're going to have a thread like this we need to have a dibs rule.

The last thing any of us who frequent Y!Jp for rare shiz needs is to get in a bidding war with someone else on CR.net.

If you post something up and you intend on bidding on it, call dibs and make it plain as day. Make it bold, red, blink, whatever.

If you post something that you just think is cool and there are no dibs, we'll assume it's fair game.

If someone else posts something that doesn't have dibs and you want to bid on it, post dibs.

Here's an example: I CALL DIBS ON THE PITCREW STRUT BAR THAT phillb POSTED AND THEN NINJA EDITED!

For real. Unless you were going to bid on it phillyb. Then I'll back off.

·
4,639 Posts

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
I'm sorry, but calling "dibs" on something that's for sale on an auction site is pretty silly.

Don't want anyone else to bid on an item: don't post it.

So much easier and less asinine then posting something and saying "just look don't buy, because I want it."

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
I tried making an account but it wont let me :(

I think people should just not post up stuff they actually want until they win the bidding

·
4,639 Posts
I'm sorry, but calling "dibs" on something that's for sale on an auction site is pretty silly.
Is it, really? I have an agreement with a few people from this forum regarding Y!J auctions. When we find something that we think would be desirable for whatever reason, we make sure nobody else is already bidding on it so that we don't get into a bidding war with each other and drive the price up. It's how we do it.

Imagine you're already bidding on something on Y!J and you're excited because it's a good bargain. Then some jacktard comes and posts it in this thread for hundreds of people to see. If even 1 or 2 of those people decide they want the OMGJDMYO stuff you're bidding on and start bidding against you, that would suck balls. Then it hits them that, after the exchange rate, middleman fees, in-Japan shipping and Japan-to-US shipping, it's a lot more expensive than they thought so they stop bidding. But not after making the price prohibitively expensive for you.

I have mixed feelings about this thread in general. On the one hand, it's a great way for us to share the good finds because it's not always quick and easy to find every rare piece on Y!J auctions by yourself. I, personally, would never post something here that I plan to bid on but I'd post stuff that I think other people might want. On the other hand, it drives awarenes, desire and pursuit of parts you might want to otherwise sneak for yourself.

Dibs has worked great in the small circle of people that I've been doing it with. No reason it can't work great here.

I think people should just not post up stuff they actually want until they win the bidding
That would be called a "build thread" :) And I agree. I had a sad when I saw this thread title pop up.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
You're a business man, so I expect you to understand and respect the core goal of any business: make money.

Your items have a fixed price and can be made plenty, so there's no need for dibs. Something for sale on this site by another member usually has a fixed price, but is limited to one in quantity, so calling dibs might be useful for a serious buyer and if the seller agrees.

Imagine you're selling something on eBay, and you find out there's a group of people that are openly (or privately, like you and your group of jdmwhores...don't take offense I am too) trying to drive down the value of your rare and not easy to find item. Would you be "go for it guys! I'm glad someone called dibs on this piece, because I wasnt sure if an auction was the best place for it in the first place," or would you think "what the ****? Why is only one person bidding? I could have sworn this uber-rare discontinued hand-made piece would draw more attention than this. **** it, next time I'm listing it elsewhere and I'm gonna just name my price and put o.b.o"

There used to be some of us here that respected the high cost of something artisan made. It seems people would just rather get a knockoff or try in any underhanded way possible to get the best deal on nearly one off products thus driving the value of the piece down instead of letting its rareness appreciate it's value.

·
4,639 Posts
I understand the mechanics of supply and demand and I agree with you to a point.

Some considerations:
A lot of the stuff we think is "OMG SO DESIRABLE" here is absolute junk in JDMland. For example, red interior bits. They had a lot more red interior cars over there than we have here. Prices are relatively low on things like floor mats, boot covers, etc. These are not artisan made rarities.

JDM sellers are selling to a JDM audience. They're not posting something up on Y!J auctions thinking, "I hope some of those nutriders from the USofA bid on this and pay way more than it's worth over here!" They're thinking, "I hope someone buys this old junk."

For items that are, indeed, rare and desirable worldwide - they will NEVER be cheap on Y!J auctions. You'll be bidding against Japanese folks. My M2 Incorporated steering wheel had like 30 bids on it before I won it. And I paid more for it than I would for a brand new Prototipo. I was happy to because of the value it has in my estimation. I recently lost out on a relatively well-worn M2 1028 intake that enjoyed a bidding frenzy in the last hour. So for the truly rare, valuable, artisan made items, the seller will get what they deserve.

What I'd like to prevent is getting in a bidding war with Joe Schmoe over something that's going to pop up for the same price in a few weeks or months.

1 - 20 of 840 Posts